• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

CS:GO -- Cannot join servers?

btRiLLa

DARKLY Regular
Anyone know why my CS:GO won't connect to any server/quick game? I get a a error in console saying something about couldn't get proper version or join game.

TurboTaco

TD Admin
try logging out of your steam account then log back in after a restart. if that don't work, try verifying the game integrity. If that dont work...google?

btRiLLa

DARKLY Regular
Yeah, already tried google. Just a couple unasnwered steam support threads. :(

I will log out, restart PC, and re-log in. Really hope that fixes it :P

excalibur

DARKLY Regular
maybe a dumb question but have you tried loading the game before trying to join a server? I have noticed cs:go does not like to open the game when trying to connect via steam without game being loaded.

btRiLLa

DARKLY Regular
You're talking about using the steam server list while the game is closed, right?

If so, I only join servers when I have GO open using the "Browse Community Servers" option.

btRiLLa

DARKLY Regular
Update: Uninstalled CS:GO and Reinstalled and still no luck! It says I'm on a newer version than the server. How is that possible?

excalibur

DARKLY Regular
You're talking about using the steam server list while the game is closed, right?

If so, I only join servers when I have GO open using the "Browse Community Servers" option.

yeah thats what i was talking about. i get an error trying to connect via the steam list with go closed

btRiLLa

DARKLY Regular
Fixed it! For some reason it was opted in the pax2012pre beta so it switched the version number to a previous version.