Crash issue when joining

swan

DARKLY Regular
So when I try to join the arms race servers I get stuck at a blank loading screen.
I have to close the whole game and restart after.
Anyone else have this problem?Screen shot 2012-08-28 at 7.11.20 PM.png

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
You sure it's not downloading a map? When you get stuck on that screen open console, and see what's going on.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
Hey Swan, sometimes I get that and the game still loads. Blanks screen, I think my shit froze, but after waiting a bit, the map loads.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Hey Swan, sometimes I get that and the game still loads. Blanks screen, I think my shit froze, but after waiting a bit, the map loads.
Same here.
I thought it was a glitch at first.

SJ told me it was because is no loading screen for custom maps.
You think they would at least have a download bar or some shit.

swan

DARKLY Regular
it's a full blown "csgo_osx quit unexpectedly". every time. not a problem when I join arms race games through the auto-finder, just on the Darkly servers

swan

DARKLY Regular
just want to throw out that if you haven't seen me on the darkly servers, it's because i can't join any of them now without CS:GO crashing. not that i'm just not playing.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
just want to throw out that if you haven't seen me on the darkly servers, it's because i can't join any of them now without CS:GO crashing. not that i'm just not playing.
Ya, unfortunately Brades may be right in the sense that this may just be an OSX issue. Stay tuned for an upcoming update or anything of that nature.

I'll try researching this tonight when I'm home from work.

iac

Future Ban List Occupant
this is apparently happening to a lot of people, the steam forums is covered in it. This happens to me a lot as well, always on a new map load, within that 5 second count. I also have an issue alt tabbing but that is something else i believe.

cranswick

TD Admin
i have a problem joining the server as well, mine will load the level, and then crash to desktop, giving me a cs:go has stopped working error...i joined the competitive server when it was empty and i could play fine...i'll try a clean install next...tried disabling multi-core rendering...