Cowan Online Tourney #2

hadriel

A Little Darkly
Hey all,

I used to run some small LANS, but they started growing too much to the point where we were knocking the power out of my place. The first tourney ran from November and the Grand Finals were just played yesterday afternoon. It was pretty successful, so we're running another and looking to expand registration. We had 28 players for the last, aiming for around 40 for this one. The tourney is run by me and hosted by Laurier's CSL team. Most of the players that competed last time were members of Laurier's CSL team and some RL friends from the GTA and Waterloo areas. This tourney we have also invited UW's CSL team to participate.

The tourney is for fun, but we are also working out a very small prize pool for first and second place, likely just small gift cards provided by Laurier CSL... but I will have confirmation on what's going on with that before the tourney starts.

Registration info can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/144286379020547/

No bullshit though, please dont signup if you're going to make no effort to actually work out a time to play your games. Registration closes January 27th.

As these grow, we will hopefully be bringing in larger prize pools and more competitors. Placing well in these early tournaments will help give a better seed for these as time goes on. We've got a good group of people and the last one was a lot of fun. Hoping we can continue that while expanding a bit.

Thanks!

hadriel

A Little Darkly
We have confirmation on the prize pool: Total of $50 in gift cards from the WLU CSL team

1st place in the diamond+ bracket gets a $30 gift card of the player's choosing
2nd place in the diamond+ bracket gets a $10 gift card of the player's choosing

1st place in the plat and below bracket gets a $10 gift card of the player's choosing.

Registration closes this friday at 11pm est!