Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
CSGO looks unimpressive at best. The graphics are hardly up to par with current generations of FPS's. Game looks like it should have come out in 2005(it probably should have LOLZ)

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
CSGO looks unimpressive at best. The graphics are hardly up to par with current generations of FPS's. Game looks like it should have come out in 2005(it probably should have LOLZ)

Meh, Graphics are lamo no matter what. My issue is more about game play, interaction with the environment, and how well it works over the internet. This game so far is geared for all the 1.6 scrimers, and the strategies/game play of scriming in general.

Valve as said they will have custom servers. Which is good but how well will a game that's being made for 5v5 upscale to 16v16? How about the maps, again made for 5v5 upscale to 16v16? How about a mother fucking proper admin in your damn server you lazy fucking slobs? Okay that last one is a long shot but I don't see why they can't do it!

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
CS:GO looks aiight but without HL3 we aren't going to see a new graphics engine. HURRY THE FUCK UP VALVE!!!

It's the Portal 2 engine so technically it's different because it's a newer build.
Either way, it's still source.....

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
I don't think its actually possible to make CS geared towards 16v16 without making CS something much different than it has been historically.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I personally don't give a shit for graphics. I mean, all they did was add zippers on the player skins, and more milk cartons on the floor of de_dust2 so you can trip/get blocked and rage-quit on ... Oh, and completely murdered the crosshair so it looks like some alien gun from Halo 2: Orphus of Jizz. As long as the gameplay still exists, and they take out garbage physics from source and put back some real cs physics like 1.5/6, then I'm good.

Meh, Graphics are lamo no matter what. My issue is more about game play, interaction with the environment, and how well it works over the internet. This game so far is geared for all the 1.6 scrimers, and the strategies/game play of scriming in general.

Valve as said they will have custom servers. Which is good but how well will a game that's being made for 5v5 upscale to 16v16? How about the maps, again made for 5v5 upscale to 16v16? How about a mother fucking proper admin in your damn server you lazy fucking slobs? Okay that last one is a long shot but I don't see why they can't do it!

Thinking the same, checked the vid and I thought I was watching CSS gameplay, just hope they improved the game play, main thing that matter to me.

Not paying $60 for this shit however, $30 and I'll give it a try.

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
I personally don't give a shit for graphics. I mean, all they did was add zippers on the player skins, and more milk cartons on the floor of de_dust2 so you can trip/get blocked and rage-quit on ... Oh, and completely murdered the crosshair so it looks like some alien gun from Halo 2: Orphus of Jizz. As long as the gameplay still exists, and they take out garbage physics from source and put back some real cs physics like 1.5/6, then I'm good.

Getting stuck on a milk carton is so realistic though!

skd_mrk

TD Admin
Getting stuck on a milk carton is so realistic though!

I did that on my way to the car this morning, on my way from the car to the office, and once more trying to get into my cubicle. I don't know what's causing this over-abundance of milk cartons all over the place.

They all have pictures of Keeripes on them...

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
BJ, you rock, even though you and your brother are like, the equivalent of the russian gypsy. Croatia? Never heard of it.

"Orphus of Jizz"
"Rage quit over getting stuck on milk containers"

lawwwrrll

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
gd8378948ratkorudiclcoa.jpg

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Its stilll gonna do better than BF3 with half the cost to make it. Valve wins! We lose!

"do better than bf3" what do you mean by that?

If you are about to argue that the game play of another cs rehash out does battlefield, you are on some strong haterade.

BF > CS .

hadriel

A Little Darkly
I'm glad they're not doing anything drastic to the game. The gameplay itself is absolutely fine, its the technical things like weapon sprays and hitboxes that need changing (which they've done for GO). ELO Ranked matches alone is enough for me to buy it tbh. I just hope they do something kind of like LoL or sc2 and have individual and group elos separate from one another. I like the decreased accuracy on weapons, css doesn't have a strong enough focus on teamplay compared to 1.6, and it looks like Valve is actually being smart in changing that around. 1 person by themselves won't be able to hold a site and ace as easily as in css.

You have to remember that it's also not going to be a full-priced game...so it's not fair to hold it up to the same standards and expect that many additional features if you're paying less than the average game.

hadriel

A Little Darkly
"do better than bf3" what do you mean by that?

If you are about to argue that the game play of another cs rehash out does battlefield, you are on some strong haterade.

BF > CS .

BF is a shit-ton of fun, but I seriously question anyone's judgement when they claim BF has superior gameplay. There's a good reason why the fundamentals of CS haven't changed and why Battlefield will never be played at the same competitive level as CS.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
BF is a shit-ton of fun, but I seriously question anyone's judgement when they claim BF has superior gameplay. There's a good reason why the fundamentals of CS haven't changed and why Battlefield will never be played at the same competitive level as CS.

kinda like how competitive CS will never reach the status of competitive World of Warcraft or competitive DOTA2. When was the last $1 million dollar prize pool CS:S tourney? You mad?

And you will never participate in a more epic competitive scrim then 12v12 on Battlefield. 5v5 scrims dont have shit on it. There is just so much more team work/planning/strating in BF scrims. Getting good pilots to cover the skies, tanks and infantry to cap and hold... trying to hold / cap up to 5 bases on a map to hold dominance... yeah... beats the fuck out of AK rushing B or A on D2 over and over for 16-30 rounds.

If you haven't scrimmed in a BF game, you missed out BIG.