Computer Q

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
[quote1278016255=[503]Hoggslayer]
And what i meant cock, is that it would be nice if the os automatically detected the hardware and chose the right drivers/kexts for said hw.
[/quote1278016255]

Yes and you still make no sence. The whole idea of Mac is that the software is custom made for the specific hardware. So yea why would they make an auto detect/install feature for hardware that isn't compatible when they don't want you using other hardware?

Anyway. Need more info on the specific machine your installing so we can figure out which exact model of broadcom you got :)

[503]Hoggslayer

TD Member
Ok, this is what osx system info tells me Bcm4311 802.11b/g WLAN

Machine: HP: Dv6000 (6233se)
Amd64x2 turion 1.6
Nvidia: 6150Go 256
Ram: 2 gigz
Wifi: broadcom bcm 4311 802.11b/g. from within osx
broadcom 802.11g. from within win7

That's about the jist of it.
I have seen this same model running osx with no problems, it just boggles me mind as to why the card works just peachy in win7, but not at all in osx..the lil light on the radio switch don't even change color as it should if the system is recognizing it. blue and working from win7
orange and not working from osx.

The rest of the os is working fine, just no internet.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Hey sorry, I'm back - cottage for the weekend. Odd, Cock's post is the same exact one (the insanelymac link) I used to fix my buddy's girlfriend's HP which has a Broadcom and it worked no problem.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
You need to find out what exact model the wireless card is on that laptop as clearly we don't have the right model.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Quick question, won't OSXTOOLSX86 auto-detect that bitch and write a kext to the boot.plist?? I've used it for video driver, maybe give it quick a shot for the wireless card, no?

quick question.....my screen freezes randomly during CS:S. It freezes for like 4-5 seconds and does it 4-5 times before i can even move. Any idea what the problem could be and how i can fix it?

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
[quote1278691855=About24Pandas]
quick question.....my screen freezes randomly during CS:S. It freezes for like 4-5 seconds and does it 4-5 times before i can even move. Any idea what the problem could be and how i can fix it?
[/quote1278691855]

I'm in the same boat. Check "General Discussion", I've got a "UPDATE FIX" thread... I'm still trying, but I'm on to SOMETHING. Don't thread jack lol

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
[quote1278691894=cock]
http://www.pcwizcomputer.com/osx86tools/

I thought the program was dead, but it seems you can still download it from GoogleCode! If anything it's an easy way to get the Device ID!
[/quote1278691894]

Hell ya, it is kinda dead, but it's out there (THANK YOU GoogleCode!)... I used it a few times, especially to enable CL/Quartz on my video card, it's fuckin clutch! :D