Change to mp_forcecamera 1 and eliminate ghosting

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
Title says it all.

Edit: found the other settings that coincide with the above.

mp_fadetoblack - dimming, or unlock the camera after death.
Code:
mp_fadetoblack 0 - No dimming.
mp_fadetoblack 1 - Black screen after the death of all the cameras.

mp_forcechasecamera - set free cameras, or view only from the first person.
Code:
mp_forcechasecam 1 - The player can fly all over the map and use the free camera view.
mp_forcechasecam 2 - View only from the first person.

mp_forcecamera - view team setting
Code:
mp_forcecamera 0 - The player sees his and the opposing team.
mp_forcecamera 1 - The player sees only his team.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
We know this, and have experimented with this in years' past and found it's just not worth it. The free-roaming spec mode allows good conversation and shennanigans once dead. We have a fun server, and while it's competitive the fun definitely takes precedence.

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
I can't see any reason why only viewing your team can be detrimental to the fun atmosphere. I also can't believe you guys don't believe no 1 is ghosting. The stats attract the biggest garbage of the CS scene. The server has its fair share of regulars baiting and not playing game objectives. They already ruin my evenings of fun. No wonder many need to drink themselves senseless to get any satisfaction from the game.

Last edited:

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I can't see any reason why only viewing your team can be detrimental to the fun atmosphere. I also can't believe you guys don't believe no 1 is ghosting. The stats attract the biggest garbage of the CS scene. The server has its fair share of regulars baiting and not playing game objectives. They already ruin my evenings of fun. No wonder many need to drink themselves senseless to get any satisfaction from the game.
So two things:

- I never said TD doesn't believe anyone is ghosting.
- it absolutely kills the atmosphere, like I said: we've tried it

I understand you're tired of getting owned, but we can't kill the atmosphere because you're fed up from dying. Having been around 10 years I can say we've tried lots of things, and we know what works for us, and what keeps the server popular.

Your argument about stats is true for every good pub, not much we can do but admin well and have regulars help spot shit for us.

Repeat offenders for shit like stacking will be dealt with, no questions.

Noob.

TD Member
I can't see any reason why only viewing your team can be detrimental to the fun atmosphere.

If you're only able to watch your own team you're going to miss out when people on the other team do stupid shit. I can't even begin to count the number of times everyone who is dead has had a good laugh at something that has happened mid-round.

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
From what I recall it was the way I describe for the better half when the GO server was 1st setup. I can't recall when the change occurred but it corresponded with the global death mic. I won't argue it anymore, I'd just wanted to re-suggest the old behavior. And no I don't care about my stats or if I live or die in-game but I'm really trying to have fun and enjoy the old times because they were a lot better imo.

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
We were forced to use this when there was no way to turn it off at GO's start. As soon as a command came, I turned it off. The free spec + all talk at death is the TD way. I'd rather have 30 ghosters on than use these commands.

Horse pussy.

LIES! The TD way is uninstalling and playing WarZ.

Donkey dong ;)

StephanieForest-triple-crown-nutrition-horse-month-october.jpg