Can't decide...

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
The novelty of my Strange Festive Scattergun is starting to wear off and I've been eyeing the Australium Scattergun. Both are about 3 buds and I found a guy on Outpost who is willing to 1:1 my SF Scattergun for his Australium one.

The main thing holding me back though is the fact that I worked for the SF one for a long time. :L

Right now, there are 1448 SF Scatters in existence (in public backpacks) as compared to 64 Australium Scatters (in public backpacks). The issue is that more Australium Scatters can be found as long as MvM is around. Strange Festive Scatters can't be unboxed anymore.

Traders, weigh in. Should I keep the SF and wait for the value of the Australium to drop or just go for it?

HappySticks™

TD Admin
I would have to agree with Mizzterrr now that I have thought about it for awhile.
Despite the amount in existence, if it's the same value as the SF now just wait until there are a thousand of them (assuming they can still be obtained) therefore the value would be more likely to drop.
Adding on a bit to what I just stated, the value of australuims aren't stable atm compared to the older SF's which have pretty much established their value.
Overall I personally don't care which looks better but get the one that you like more and would show off. It's like working at a job that pays a lot but you cannot stand working there.

Like I said over steam chat, pick from the heart not the value.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Welp, this is awkward. I posted on the trade that I might be interested in it and the guy added me. I messaged him saying I still hadn't decided and he hasn't responded. >.>
DARKLY | Cmp™: Hey there, thanks for the add, but as I posted on your trade, I haven't decided yet.
DARKLY | Cmp™: At that moment, I'm not ready to trade, so you can keep me added or not. Up to you.
DARKLY | Cmp™: *this

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
I'm keeping the Scattergun and going to spend my last bud on an Aussy Force-A-Nature. I'd rather lose value on that than my SF Scattergun.

DatGuy

TD Member
Thanks for your input, but I'm not into the cashing out thing. I don't trust anyone with finances. Not even myself. :P

CoolStoryBro. Is that a keep or trade vote?

why trade for money, set your price, put it on the marketplace, wait.....profit?

shit I made 20 bucks in 2 days selling shitty TF2 items

Topsy_Turve

TF2 Staff
I think you made a wise decision. These kinds of items are all priced based on supply and demand. Right now you have an item that is unattainable and that should give enough notion to keep it. Hey, maybe in a year it will be worth 2 times as much. Who knows.

-Topsy

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
I appreciate the input, guys. I decided to go a different route and I got an Australium Force-A-Nature for a decent deal. Still have my SF Scatter though!

/closed :P