CLOSED Burning Defiant Spartan

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappySticks™

TD Admin
Lost it to Tick Tock Man tonight in a very controversial spycrab, thanks a lot to the middleman 14bux for helping out in the end.
It looks like a sexy unusual now that I can see it on the servers :p

May HappyStix's bp value; rest in piss

:rip:

HappySticks™

TD Admin
....how so
Like 14bux stated above; I was having some client side issues during the spycrab because I couldn't see myself taunting for some reason. Not sure if this could have caused it but supposedly it was pointed out in the video that I was in third person during the crab, even though it was showing me in first person from my point of view. I guess I crabbed three times in a row which may have been skewed due to the issue I was having but like I said I couldn't see what was happening that's why I stated that I was having a problem on my side at the very beginning when I first tried to taunt then I followed to spam g not knowing I was taunting. It came to my attention after reviewing the crab that a few players were complaining about Steam lagging prior; but man this was the wrong time for it to derp up during a 10 bud wager from me. Overall it was a weird situation; but I just have to start over again and hope for the best.

:rip: future unusual giveaways for now.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
HappySticks™
Question, do you just have insanely good luck with uncrating, a large amount of money or an ungodly amount of patience?

Because I've been playing this game for a year and a half and I haven't gotten one decent unbox. :feelscry:

HappySticks™

TD Admin
I have been playing this game since March, I don't really have the money nor can I afford to spend a lot on this game.
What I would recommend though; is to spend some money on keys in order to get you started.
Turn a few of those keys into metal but leave some for other promos that you will buy eventually.
Take the metal you have and buy 2 weapons per 1 scrap. Resell each weapon you get for 1 scrap each.
You make 0.5 scrap per weapon you sell by doing this strategy. (I think)
Then take your profited metal and buy craft hats for lower then 1.33.
You make a few scrap of everyone you buy; then sell each for the regular value.
If you can, with the starting keys buy a bills hat. If not then continue the first few steps with weps and craft hats.
Eventually you can buy other promos like buds, max's, et cetera.

Invest in your first unusual; this is how you make a ton of profit.
I started out with a 4 key gifted unusual and began trading up from there with a mentality that every unusual trade is profit though in some instances you have to go backwards in order to go forwards.
This is an extremely timely process though as it can be hard to find buyers/sellers but this is a good way to make some nice profit in the end.

Never will I unbox unless I get a salvaged or reserve; typically I make really good profit from those.
I would suggest unboxing anything lower then 25 since they have a much better tendency to give out 1st gen effects. #42 is also a decent one.

I just have absolute no luck and of course TF2 derps on me when I do a big wager.
Hope this helped somewhat.

My New Years resolution is to get a $400 bp again; then challenge Tick Tock Man again ;)

Tick Tock Man

Senior TF2 Admin
Staff member
....how so

Tick Tock Man what was the disagreement?

JhDevils10

The issue was in essence, that we started the spycrab - both of us taunting, and Happy crabbed twice - then said "wait a minute", I figured that perhaps I was one ahead, so I waited one turn and he kept taunting, so I continued and he crabbed a third time. He had already crabbed twice before he said anything - the timing seemed suspect to say the least. Then he said he recorded it - and 14bux said that he felt he should look at the video before calling it either way, which I agreed with. I told Happy that I would abide by whatever choice 14bux made without comment.

Tick Tock Man

Senior TF2 Admin
Staff member
Well - @Happysticks spanked me in a second Unusual spycrab and took my Electrostatic Mullet....

Congrats Happysticks - build that bp up so we can do it again!

Edit: Well to add insult to injury, Happy took all my keys too.....lol

HappySticks™

TD Admin
Well so far I have managed to make around $143 from trading and spycrabbing.
I only have around $100 to go before I have fully recovered from my big loss.

Next offer I have for you Tick Tock Man is: Electrostatic Mullet (1.1) + TF2 Logo Cadavers Cranium (2.1) [Can add up to 18 keys atm if necessary]
That is if you do sell for the unusuals we talked about earlier.

Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.