Bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny Shrooms

I'm New Here
Okay, I'mma be the one to break this ice. The donation system is fucking stupid and you guys know it. 8 of the regulars were just banned due to "exploitation" of maps/commands. Why the fuck are people being banned for a system that was put in by darkly KNOWINGLY? Did you not think that this would happen? And the people that are still exploiting the map are just roaming free? I'm calling some serious bullshit on this. Personally I was able to get over the random premiums that would abuse it and just have some fun, but now my friends are banned (WITHOUT WARNING) because you can't control a fucking donation system. Fix this.

-A very angry Kenny

I can back this up as I was one of the people banned. I am a regular player on the Darkly servers and I am quite pissed about this myself. So I agree with Kenny 110 percent. Fix this. Remove the premium system, remove RTD, I don't give a fuck. The fact that we're banned for "exploiting map" and not getting an explanation as to why, and there are obvious LMAO Box users coming on every so often is bullshit. Either get the mods to actually do something, or get new mods. Easy enough, correct?

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
I understand your frustrations. The perms have been broken by one of the previous updates and our main guy hasn't been around to fix the issue. We have someone currently looking into fixing it so please bare with us. To my understanding, these bans are not permanent. You guys know it's wrong to abuse the broken plugins but chose to do it anyways. I know admins have been warning people and temp banning people for weeks now so it shouldn't come to you as a surprise.
You can appeal your ban and maybe it the admins will reverse it or reduce the length.
But like I said, we are working to fix the broken perms, please be patient and follow the servers rules.

I'm surprised because I was told it's alright to resize MYSELF by Cmp, which is the only thing I've done regarding broken commands. Now unless Cmp was lying or joking, I'm still lost here.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
I'm surprised because I was told it's alright to resize MYSELF by Cmp, which is the only thing I've done regarding broken commands. Now unless Cmp was lying or joking, I'm still lost here.
Actually, I was neither joking nor lying. When you asked me, I was pretty sure you were premium, of which resizing is a perk. That is why I said you could resize yourself. When you approached me today about your ban, I saw that Tick banned you for Exploits. I advised you to appeal so you could know exactly why he banned you. I know Tick pretty well and he wouldn't just go on a banning spree for no reason.

I'm honestly puzzled about why you didn't actually submit the appeal rather than go this route. We discussed this pretty calmly on Steam, so I'm not sure why this same calmness couldn't be used here.

Yes, some regulars were banned and that is unfortunate, but can you honestly say with 100% certainty that every single one of those regulars were completely innocent? One of our other regulars was discovered to have been doing this, but you know what happened? He took responsibility. He knows he made the wrong decision and he stepped up and took responsibility. Was I disappointed that it happened in the first place? Of course, but I'm impressed that he came clean about it.

One last question: do you guys honestly think we LIKE banning regulars? Do you think we like having broken permissions? If so, you really don't know us at all. Personally, I'd never want to ban anyone. I like having regulars as much as I like having new people join and become regulars. But that's not realistic. People like to cause problems just for the hell of it and that's why the staff are there.

We want this resolved just as much as you do, if not more. We have been dealing with this for a while.

It goes back to what I said to you, Dooter: If you're not sure, don't do it. Assuming you listened to that, Tick would have had no reason to ban you.

Kenny Shrooms

I'm New Here
Yes, makes us admins. Thank u for ur imput <3
As for the actual issue, I have not seen even a slight effort of this issue being fixed. Smells like a lot of greed is going on. As for myself, while I am not banned I will be leaving darkly, and will be advising all others to do so. I am far more than disappointing to see that people that have donated their money to your servers are now under a lengthy ban simply for using the system. And even more so that no one here knows how to code correctly. I thank CMP and Low Budget for being of assistance on this matter, but I think I've made my point, and I hope that this issue is fixed for the sake of anyone that will still plan on playing on your servers.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
That really just confirms what I mentioned above:
You don't know Darkly very well if you think greed is behind this. Of course you haven't seen an effort made to fix it, it's an internal issue. If something was working correctly, this discussion wouldn't be happening.

Did you not read any of what I typed above? We've been trying to fix this for a long time. @Tick Tock Man is trying to fix the issue as we speak/type/whatever and he doesn't ban unless he is 100% sure a ban is warranted. I'm sure he's willing to explain the specifics of Dooter's ban if asked.

If you want to ignore common sense and start bashing our name, then you open yourself up to any consequences for those actions. We get along pretty well, Kenny, and you've been a lot of help being a second set of eyes and ears. I'm asking you to help one more time. Let Tick get this permissions bug figured out and explain the ban.

And let's keep the biting sarcasm out of this, especially from staff members. That's not going to fix anything.

14bux

Senior TF2 Admin
Like the others before me said, I can assure you we're trying our best to find/fix the problem. With our main coder away, it makes stuff like this take an exponentially larger amount of time. However, we can't just let people get on the server and abuse it, so we spread the word and list some bans on offenders. The perm abuse bans have been listed as temporary so far (unless they broke umpteen other rules in the process), because we can see where it might seem unfair. It's the only way we can really get it across, since only a fraction of the actual community would check here about it.

totally didn't just repost what everyone else basically said

Mizz

DARKLY Fiend
SRS POST NEGATIVE 1 - Persuasive Essay Post Thing
By: Mizz

As for the actual issue, I have not seen even a slight effort of this issue being fixed. Smells like a lot of greed is going on.

You don't notice code is being fixed until it's fixed - isn't that how it works?

Greed has nothing to do with this. Most of our donations are from TD anyways.

The donation system is fucking stupid and you guys know it. 8 of the regulars were just banned due to "exploitation" of maps/commands. Why the fuck are people being banned for a system that was put in by darkly KNOWINGLY? Did you not think that this would happen?

Keyword:
DONATION

You're lucky we even get reward for TF2. TD has been running since forever and all of their donators get nothing in return
We put in the donation system, but problems come up and fixing them isn't as easy as you guys think it is

Personally I was able to get over the random premiums that would abuse it and just have some fun, but now my friends are banned (WITHOUT WARNING) because you can't control a fucking donation system.
Are you and your friends special? You guys aren't above the rules, you're treated like everyone else

I can back this up as I was one of the people banned. I am a regular player on the Darkly servers and I am quite pissed about this myself. So I agree with Kenny 110 percent. Fix this. Remove the premium system, remove RTD, I don't give a fuck. The fact that we're banned for "exploiting map" and not getting an explanation as to why, and there are obvious LMAO Box users coming on every so often is bullshit. Either get the mods to actually do something, or get new mods. Easy enough, correct?

"Not getting an explanation" - we've told players to not abuse commands | they're only allowed because the servers are messed
Maybe if you appealed a ban/ politely asked, we may have told you

"Either get the mods to actually do something, or get new mods. Easy enough, correct?"
NOPE
And we did do stuff like ban people :trollface:

plz im never srs

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
After being called out, Dooter has now removed me and added his pretty loose interpretation of Darkly servers to his profile:
PrtScr capture_3.png
@Dooter is FUCKING SPOOKY
Here lies the problem. It hasn't even been 6 hours since your ban and you're already looking for blood. Here's a few questions:
At what point did we say "It's too hard to do"? At what point was there any refusal to remove these commands? Low Budget said we are working to fix the perms. He never once even suggested that we wouldn't remove them.

You seemed like a reasonable guy when we were talking earlier, it's pretty unfortunate that you couldn't stay that way, even for 1 day, hell, even 12 hours.

Tick Tock Man

Senior TF2 Admin
Staff member
A note on Premium and the server exploit bans....

Nowhere in any version of premium are you allowed to resize, slay, teleport or otherwise molest other players.....

EVERY Single ban is backed by a lengthy log file of what command was used, when and on who, for example:
L 10/17/2014 - 14:00:56: [playercommands.smx] "Dooter is Scunt Astley<24><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>" slayed "Verex<25><STEAM_0:0:47632563><>"
L 10/17/2014 - 14:02:06: [ResizePlayers.smx] "Dooter is Scunt Astley<24><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>" resized "Turtles58<14><STEAM_0:1:60007988><>" to 1.
L 10/17/2014 - 14:02:06: [ResizePlayers.smx] "Dooter is Scunt Astley<24><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>" resized "Turtles58<14><STEAM_0:1:60007988><>" to 1.
L 10/17/2014 - 14:04:43: [ResizePlayers.smx] "Dooter is Scunt Astley<24><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>" resized "Turtles58<14><STEAM_0:1:60007988><>" to 1.
L 10/17/2014 - 14:04:43: [ResizePlayers.smx] "Dooter is Scunt Astley<24><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>" resized "Turtles58<14><STEAM_0:1:60007988><>" to 1.
L 10/17/2014 - 14:14:44: [ResizePlayers.smx] "Dooter is Scunt Astley<24><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>" resized "Turtles58<14><STEAM_0:1:60007988><>" to 1.
L 10/17/2014 - 14:14:44: [ResizePlayers.smx] "Dooter is Scunt Astley<24><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>" resized "Turtles58<14><STEAM_0:1:60007988><>" to 1.
L 10/17/2014 - 14:17:56: [ResizePlayers.smx] "Dooter is Scunt Astley<24><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>" resized "Turtles58<14><STEAM_0:1:60007988><>" to 3.
L 10/17/2014 - 14:17:56: [ResizePlayers.smx] "Dooter is Scunt Astley<24><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>" resized "Turtles58<14><STEAM_0:1:60007988><>" to 3.
L 10/17/2014 - 14:35:18: [playercommands.smx] "Dooter is Scunt Astley<24><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>" slayed "TedTheDuck™<53><STEAM_0:0:78638918><>"
L 10/17/2014 - 14:35:18: [playercommands.smx] "Dooter is Scunt Astley<24><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>" slayed "TedTheDuck™<53><STEAM_0:0:78638918><>"
L 10/17/2014 - 14:35:29: [playercommands.smx] "Dooter is Scunt Astley<24><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>" slayed "TedTheDuck™<53><STEAM_0:0:78638918><>"
L 10/17/2014 - 14:35:45: [playercommands.smx] "Dooter is Scunt Astley<24><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>" slayed "TedTheDuck™<53><STEAM_0:0:78638918><>"
L 10/17/2014 - 14:36:22: [playercommands.smx] "Dooter is Scunt Astley<24><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>" slayed "Toast<32><STEAM_0:0:43645233><>"
L 10/17/2014 - 14:36:22: [playercommands.smx] "Dooter is Scunt Astley<24><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>" slayed "Toast<32><STEAM_0:0:43645233><>"
L 10/18/2014 - 07:59:43: [ResizePlayers.smx] "Dooter is FUCKING SPOOKY<7><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>" resized "Turtles58<8><STEAM_0:1:60007988><>" to 1.
L 10/18/2014 - 07:59:43: [ResizePlayers.smx] "Dooter is FUCKING SPOOKY<7><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>" resized "Turtles58<8><STEAM_0:1:60007988><>" to 1.
L 10/19/2014 - 07:44:10: [funcommands.smx] "Dooter is FUCKING SPOOKY<68><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>" toggled noclip on "Dooter is FUCKING SPOOKY<68><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>"
L 10/19/2014 - 07:44:10: [funcommands.smx] "Dooter is FUCKING SPOOKY<68><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>" toggled noclip on "Dooter is FUCKING SPOOKY<68><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>"
L 10/19/2014 - 07:44:10: [derp/funcommands.smx] "Dooter is FUCKING SPOOKY<68><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>" toggled noclip on "Dooter is FUCKING SPOOKY<68><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>"
L 10/19/2014 - 07:44:10: [derp/funcommands.smx] "Dooter is FUCKING SPOOKY<68><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>" toggled noclip on "Dooter is FUCKING SPOOKY<68><STEAM_0:0:39280508><>"

Premium allows you to use certain commands to affect yourself - no one else.

You may not toggle noclip on yourself, slay other players, resize other players - if you have done so with sufficient regularity as to generate a log file too large to even post here (the excerpt above is a small sample from 3 days) - like dooter here, then you asked for it.

I have 99 logfiles of admins and players using perms since Sept, each separated by SteamId, every single command you use is recorded - I have only dealt with the most egregious examples, people who abused other players with perms - if you just used them on yourself then I overlooked it - that can half-ass be explained as a function of premium, but abusing other players...nah - fuck that.

If any player questions the legitimacy of their ban, or just wants to see the logfile - just ask, I will provide the entire log on demand.

Last edited:

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Reading over this thread again, I noticed complaints about LMAObox hackers allegedly running rampant. Kenny, you're on my friends list and you didn't say shit to me. If it's such a huge problem, why the silence? If the hackers are pissing you off so much, why the hell didn't you message me or even post a report? You obviously know where the forums are, it takes all of 5 minutes to type status in console, find the hackers ID, come on the forums and post that and just a brief note about what's going on. Not that hard, trust me, I did it for a solid year before I was given permissions to ban hackers myself.

But you didn't do any of that. At all. You got mad because your friends got caught doing shit that you know they shouldn't have been doing, and you came and pitched a fit. We may not have the perfect system, but when we have "regulars" like Dooter or NanoActive who abuse the trust they somehow earned, it makes the job a hell of a lot harder.

Just because you aren't stopped from doing it doesn't mean you actually are allowed to do it.

I'm pretty satisfied that the logs Tick provided speak for themselves. Dooter lied. He was openly abusing the perks and looking at the time stamps, only stopped after our chat yesterday about PolkaDank being banned for the same thing. Thankfully Tick had the logs and spotted it. In fact, I'll be talking with Tick about extending the ban.

So you're right, this is bullshit. It is complete bullshit that you come in bitching about we're just being greedy and not even trying, yet your friends are the ones abusing the issue in the first place. It is complete bullshit that this thread exists, because had they just kept themselves in check, this wouldn't be happening. It is complete bullshit that your stupid misinformation is driving you to bash the community for something that your friends caused.

Get your facts straight next time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.