Breaking Bad

jamesearljones

TD Member
The second episode of the 5th and final season (which will be broken into two parts) aired last Sunday, and I have to say it was one of the greatest episode of television I have ever seen.

I know other people must watch this show.

B.From.Acc

TD Admin
i thought this last episode was really good but not the greatest seen yet. i also can't wait for the rest of this season, i love how they pull on forgotten story lines and connections and not really explaining it but let you figure it out. like the lydia girl. anyway, mike is in for the long haul, can't wait to see whats next!

btRiLLa

DARKLY Regular
I know it's a show and it's making the plot easier to unwind to cut the show off after this season, however; I personally can't stand the person they've turned Walt in-to.

r3volution

TD Admin
Yeah, I used to like Walt...now I don't really agree with the shit he's been doing. Can't empathize with a greedy asshole.

ninedot

I'm New Here
I know it's a show and it's making the plot easier to unwind to cut the show off after this season, however; I personally can't stand the person they've turned Walt in-to.
Yeah, I gotta agree. He went from this very smart, sophisticated person to an impulsive, greedy psychopath. But I guess I can't say I didn't see it coming. They are really trying to develop him into the true Heisenberg... and I think that this is the true personality that Heisenberg has. I mean, the show can't, in the end, show that people who produce meth and make millions simply get away with it. He has to fuck up somewhere along the line so he can get busted and go down which will put an end to the show, which is exactly what your trying to say.

TurboTaco

TD Admin
^ Yup

To be honest, the whole series since day one has been character 'development'. Not saying btrilla doesn't know what that means, but overall it was intended to show how Walt White, mild-mannered and underpaid high school chem teacher turns into: Walt White, monster (as Bro-in-law stated tonight).

From season 1-5, you can see how Walt changes through all of his experiences in dealing with dealers, 'distributors', criminals, etc. It isn't just him though, it includes his family. The whole show does a great job at showing how he puts up walls between himself and EVERYONE he cares about (Note how the cancer is no longer even a main issue with Walt and his decisions or choices now). Just like the Godfather scene where Michael Corleone closes the door on his wife at the end of the movie, Walt pretty much does the same to everyone else he is close to. He pushed his friends, family, and business associates away. He went from calm, cool, and logical to irrational, anxious, and 'stupid' (I mean that in the most non-stupid, still genius, sorta way).

I have a good feeling what to expect for the next season as it has been built up pretty well throughout the series. While Walt seems to have realized what a monster he has become, even reconciling with Jesse, as ninedot said, he's reached the breaking point. He tried his best to keep a clean sheet and for the most part, really did cover all the angles coming at him. BUT, like the greatest criminals of our non-fictional existence, they always make a simple mistake. Walt's wife foreshadowed it earlier in an earlier season: "The devil is in the details". Now, Hank is gonna have W.W. in his X-Hairs and as fans of the show know, once Hank finds a reason to suspect, he doesn't let up until well...its over.

Next season (or part 2 of 5th season) is gonna be pretty wicked to watch. Hate how good TV has to stop....stupid human beings being humans :|

btRiLLa

DARKLY Regular
^ Yup

To be honest, the whole series since day one has been character 'development'. Not saying btrilla doesn't know what that means, but overall it was intended to show how Walt White, mild-mannered and underpaid high school chem teacher turns into: Walt White, monster (as Bro-in-law stated tonight).

From season 1-5, you can see how Walt changes through all of his experiences in dealing with dealers, 'distributors', criminals, etc. It isn't just him though, it includes his family. The whole show does a great job at showing how he puts up walls between himself and EVERYONE he cares about (Note how the cancer is no longer even a main issue with Walt and his decisions or choices now). Just like the Godfather scene where Michael Corleone closes the door on his wife at the end of the movie, Walt pretty much does the same to everyone else he is close to. He pushed his friends, family, and business associates away. He went from calm, cool, and logical to irrational, anxious, and 'stupid' (I mean that in the most non-stupid, still genius, sorta way).

I have a good feeling what to expect for the next season as it has been built up pretty well throughout the series. While Walt seems to have realized what a monster he has become, even reconciling with Jesse, as ninedot said, he's reached the breaking point. He tried his best to keep a clean sheet and for the most part, really did cover all the angles coming at him. BUT, like the greatest criminals of our non-fictional existence, they always make a simple mistake. Walt's wife foreshadowed it earlier in an earlier season: "The devil is in the details". Now, Hank is gonna have W.W. in his X-Hairs and as fans of the show know, once Hank finds a reason to suspect, he doesn't let up until well...its over.

Next season (or part 2 of 5th season) is gonna be pretty wicked to watch. Hate how good TV has to stop....stupid human beings being humans :|

I also agree with everything you've stated. It would be a pretty repetitive show if Walter remained that same squeaky clean mystery man that he started as. The character development is quite amazing with this show.

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
Just started watching BB while I was on the plane.

Walt Jr. on veggie bacon, "this smells like band-aids". I like this already.