• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

BoOze Discussion Thread - which booze is best ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
Hellow ladies !! im wasted right now :D nice !

Anyone who knows anything about good booze, tell us all about it .

ways the almighty 47 judges booze:

1. Taste
2. Type of drunk
3. Strength of hangover

Ultimately, you are looking for the softest taste, cheerful drunk and no hangover.

best value for quality: crown royal best, iceberg vodka has light hangover, greygoose = medium hangover

good shit: shivas 18yo, henny XO, longmorn woooot! johny walker- all of them mehh..havent tried the blue yet, the red = no good at all.
beer= stick to european beers and ur all good.

something i missed ?

ethreat

TD Member (Deceased)
a good french or czech absinthe will give you one of the greatest all-time drunks ever. i'm usually lazy so i like vodka (stolichnya) and soda. for added hangover power add redbull.

my go-to drink: jameson irish whiskey, usually drank out of my rusty flask.

beer: fuck euro beer, drink local! waterloo dark, amsterdam, creemore...

DrUgZ

TD Admin
Crown Royal and water with ice works for me. I dont drink pop so i hate it as a mix(gingerale i can tolerate sometimes). other than that I drink moosehead lager or sleemans honey brown.

crojon

I'm New Here
Moose for domestic beer, fuck all brown bottle beer...gross.... Waterloos beer is nasty too. as for European beer. Bavaria is a good choice. liquor wise...I'm a cognac/brandy person....due to my culture. any cognac will do, ohh, i like shooting JD.

B3tt3rMan

Former TD Member
1. Beer (Waterloo Dark, Guinness, New Castle Brown, Sam Adam's Boston Lager, Sleemans Original, Mill St. Stock Ale, John Smith's Extra Smooth ale Had this in England...best beer I've ever had.
2. Rye and Ginger.
3. Rye on the rocks.

B.From.Acc

TD Admin
fortgarry dark (local, it sounds like one our local beers is a knock-off haha!)

and if you knew anything about beer, it looses its taste and texture if exposed to direct sunlight. so yay! for brown bottle beer. and especially euro brew! and sleemans and new castle are good too.
_____

and check this site if you're really into beer. http://beeradvocate.com
and the best bavarian beer i've had, though i haven't had many. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/39/135

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
"I'll have a Samuel Jackson please." lol

top beers for me:
- Carlsberg
- Corona
- Heinekein (DEAD cold though)
- Keith's (child molester...)
- Steam Whistle (Toronto brewed, and unfortunately, priced :/ )
- Brava (when fundage is no goot, great for the price)

Liquor:
Vodka - GreyGoose, Finlandia, Absolute (cheaper)
**All with soda - no sugar, no salt = no hangover ;)

Crown on the rocks, and all kinds of Scotch (although I've never actually set out and bought some, so I'm not educated enough on Scotch, but I really enjoy some on rocks.

EDIT: the soda bit with vodka

well from my experience last night

26oz. of soco straight, with some tropicana on the side=

1. tastes awesome once your drunk
2. antisocial drunk
3. died 17 times in the morning

crojon

I'm New Here
[quote1229904697=B.From.Acc]

and if you knew anything about beer, it looses its taste and texture if exposed to direct sunlight. so yay! for brown bottle beer. and especially euro brew! and sleemans and new castle are good too.

[/quote1229904697]

So your saying green and clear bottles would taste better if they were in a darker bottle?

Propaganda

TD Member
Appletons rum and canned pepsi pressed
Captain Morgan spiced mixed as above
Most Cuban rums

MGD
Mountain Crest, yes its cheap but its damn smooth

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
rums = kill due to sugar
John Smith's Extra Smooth ale - i will try for sure, thx bman
finlandia vodka - not bad, but will kill you next day, if not the same day :)
greygoose #3
iceberg #2
stoli #1 (now i like it more, used to love iceberg best)

beers - heineken, stella, bavaria - best for $$$

thank you mr.Glock for the Bowmore recommendation, very nice, im sipping it right now.

Bowmore- smooth, but very strong oak barrel flavor . very pleasant/uplifting buzz. i like. good single malt for $50. you were right, price means shit. i still prefer Longmorn, but the Bowmore so far is my 3rd fav :)

cheers

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
I've always had great success finding the solution to life's problems at the bottom of a colt 45 40oz.

iCe

TD Admin
my top 3 drinks !!

in no paticular order btw

1. beer (heinys, coronas, Guiness, Budlight)
2. Patron!!!!! might be number 1.. (cafe or silver)
3. Goose and selzer

Corona tastes like piss these days, used to be better but they changed its urine level a few years ago, real ones are in Mexico & i'll drink em if i'm down there.

Right now i'm just drinking either Crown or cheap ass Lakehead, used to love JD when I was younger but it got the better of me :).

TurboTaco

TD Admin
[quote1229969621=CroJon]

[/quote1229904697]

So your saying green and clear bottles would taste better if they were in a darker bottle?
[/quote1229969621]

There is no difference between green and brown bottles, but there is a difference with clear bottles. UV light affects the hops in your beer. If you've ever had a clear bottle beer like sleemans, corona, etc. on a hot and bright sunny day in the summer, you probably will notice it starts to smell different. This is the hops breaking down from sunlight creating a chemical that is pretty much identical to a skunk's defense smell. Paler brews and hoppier brews will get this the worst. Brown and green bottles help prevent UV from breaking down the hops quickly. It still will if you leave it out in the sun. A clear bottle could start breaking down in less than a minute, while a brown or green bottle might save ur beer for a couple minutes or more. Why doesn't everyone use darker or even solid colour bottles? Money.

My top 3 beers:
1. Fuller's London Porter
2. Guiness Extra Stout
3. Hobgoblin, Duvell, or Steamwhistle

My Choice of Liqour:
1. Gin (Sapphire, Tanqueray, & No. 10) Usually drink Gin n Juice or gin martini with lemon zest and large orange peel.
2. Vodka (they all taste the same, yes even greygoose or bellvedere) Pure vodka & water. Nothing else.

Technically speaking, all alcoholic beverages can cause a hangover. Wine will be the worst since there are a number of sugars, acids and other chemicals dries your body out.

My best hangover prevention/solution is to drink a shit load of water after a late n long night of drinking then drink a gatorade/powerade then pass out. When I wake up, drink another gatorade or litre of water.

Gatorade is a lifesaver, it won't rid ur headache in 10 seconds, but it will pretty quickly. Basically, ur body is sapped of electrolytes and ur dehydrated after pickling your liver for 12 hours. Gatorade helps to slightly restore ur blood pH, adds salt to ur bloodstream which restores electrolytes, and rehydrates you so ur headache can clear.

Cheers for the holidays yo! I'm gonna try to find some of the beers u other guys posted.

B.From.Acc

TD Admin
[quote1229981484=CroJon]

[/quote1229904697]

[/quote1229981484]
no way, forsure not! i'm just saying you shouldn't through all brown bottle beers out the window! thats just narrow minded. i'm just saying brown bottle beer reduces the chance of an unintended taste and that the colour is there for a reason. before refrigeration was invented it was hard to keep the beer at a steady temperature so it was even more important to keep the light out of the bottle then. they can easily transport beer in clear bottles and keep it out of suns direct light but now a days brown bottles are there mostly for tradition, the image of a beer bottle and easier for recycling.

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
ive always been a fan of moosehead, anyone else noticed it seems to consistantly smell like weed? (skunk variety)

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
[quote1229987106=dead mike]
ive always been a fan of moosehead, anyone else noticed it seems to consistantly smell like weed? (skunk variety)
[/quote1229987106]

naw mike, thats the case from all your hotboxes son...

Status
Not open for further replies.