boot mgr missing

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
so when i start my comp i get boot mgr missing ,do i reformat or is there an easier way

Yes, there's an easier way:
A) Boot from a Windows disk (whichever Windows version you have).
B) Once there, click on Install, then once the next screen appears, look at the bottom left, in small blue letters, click on "Repair".
C) Once open, if something starts automatically, cancel it, and click on "Advanced Repair Tools" or something of the like.
D) Open a command prompt (last option) and do the following:

1) Type diskpart and hit enter
2) Once open, type list volumes and hit enter
3) Identify your Windows Hard-drive in the list and type select volume x and hit enter ; where x is the number of your Windows hard-drive
4) Type list disk and hit enter
5) Type select disk x and hit enter ; where x is the number of Windows hard-drive (sounds redundant to the previous step, but it's not)
6) Type select partition 1 and hit enter (it's always 1, so use 1)
7) Type active and hit enter
8) Type exit and hit enter
9) Close everything and reboot off the hard-drive - ensure you remove the dvd. You're now good to go :)

Let me know if you have any questions.

$alvador

TD Member
This sometimes happens for me randomly (now that I have UPS I can't think of a reason why) and it's always because for some reason the UEFI settings get scrambled and it tries booting from some other drive. Pretty odd behaviour but yea if this happens check UEFI first to make sure you're trying to boot off the drive that actually has a boot sector, lolz