Blocking

I've played on some servers with player clipping disabled, but this was back in 1.2 to 1.6 days. It really helps with blocks and rush kills happening when you spawn in cluster fucks, where people take 15 seconds to buy a gun and armor. Even more, it's great when servers are packed on smaller maps, the team blocking becomes a non issue.

Is this possible in Source? If so has TD considered it, or are you guys willing to consider it?

iSeize

TD Admin
not needed. Games unrealistic enough, should be more realistic.
Also keep in mind that even though you may not be able to clip through teammates, neither can the enemy. so having it on doesnt hurt anyone, it can be a hassle to you personally, but it doesnt make a huge difference in the game, imo.

I don't think CS has anything realistic about it. It's a hassle on a lot of maps where you are trying to rush and you're stuck trying to get out of the cluster of slow buying players. Nightfever, dust 2, piranesi, desert atrocity, nuke, office, inferno, etc.

The other thing is FF, in maps like office or inferno, there isn't a lot of room for moving. Accidents happen a lot with team flashes and FF because players constantly get blocked. I saw someone get banned earlier for a FF incident on inferno, after he apologized. I've had problems trying to run around a corner to toss a nade and get blocked and end up causing FF because of a bad toss.

It will make a big diff, from the way I've seen how things go. That's my opinion or I wouldn't post about it :)

I would hate to see myself get banned one day because someone got flashed, ran back and blocked me mid nade toss making a bad bounce rape my team =/ It's happened enough for me to worry about it.

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
Abdul, no one gets banned for accidentally team attacking. We all know it happens. No one is perfect.

Oh and, no clip should stay off. It would be retarded if you can run through players.

Having people block you is frustrating, but that's why you have voice chat, to scream and shout and curse at them to get out of the way.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
[Asshole]
[Asshole=true; alias "buckshot jr"]

Ya, guys, let's just change the whole server.

Let's force auto-join, turn off FF and put noclip for teammates. While we're at it, let's turn gravity down to make jumps easier.

I also saw this plugin where it puts orange arrows on opponents heads, and lets you know how much health they have. Also, we shouldn't have mapvote, we should do auto-mapchange to random.

Also, the sound when you join sucks, we should use this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFEY9RIRJA

[/Asshole]

Narf!

TD Admin
[quote1269963849=OG buckshot jr]
[Asshole]
[Asshole=true; alias "buckshot jr"]

Ya, guys, let's just change the whole server.

Let's force auto-join, turn off FF and put noclip for teammates. While we're at it, let's turn gravity down to make jumps easier.

I also saw this plugin where it puts orange arrows on opponents heads, and lets you know how much health they have. Also, we shouldn't have mapvote, we should do auto-mapchange to random.

Also, the sound when you join sucks, we should use this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFEY9RIRJA

[/Asshole]
[/quote1269963849]

LOL +1

skd_mrk

TD Admin
lol buckshot...

How about we stop trying to fix things when they aren't broken (aside from adding/removing maps)?

HooB.wg

Hacking Faggot
[quote1269977494=skd_mrk]
lol buckshot...

How about we stop trying to fix things when they aren't broken (aside from adding/removing maps)?
[/quote1269977494]
+100 Million

Blocking is apart of the game & it happens in real life.. Just yell into your mic to wake people up @ the start of the round to hopefully get them mobile.. DAmn music players..

LOL BJ

Doolox, on what grounds are you comparing real life and CS?

You wouldn't be able to iseize.

I asked how people feel about it, I haven't played CSS servers with it on, as I said, back pre-source I did ;)

[quote1270048893=0percent]
i like the idea of the orange arrows ( i might not yelled at as much for tking) i am losing my sight with old age
[/quote1270048893]

One of my friend's grandparents can only see shadows in real life, but with these goggles they have he can watch tv or a movie fairly well. You should hook that up to your computer man! You'll play a better CS game and you'll look awesome doing it!