Blocking Ports.

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
[quote1259630358=dead mike]
i think all ports are blocked by default buddy
[/quote1259630358]

I dont think so. If all ports are blocked by default then i wouldnt be able to access websites and etc.

mandy

TD Member
im not sure if thats sarcasm or not... but if you need to open ports, youll need to log into your router and change the settings from there.
i had to open my ports in order to play mw2 multiplayer.

Spinny

TD Admin / Giant Faggot
foxx u slut provide some screenshots of your port forwarding tab in your router settings... people should be able to help from that

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
Thanks for hijacking my thread foxx, you cumdumpster. Now then, does any1 have an answer to my question?

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
when you surf the internets i dont think its using ports, but rather NAT where the outgoing connection you are doing sets up the router to handle what comes back in from outside.

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
Well, port 80 is used for msn as well as other things i believe so i think it is opened by default no?

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
oh god, HTTP uses port 80

ok all INCOMMING ports are blocked by a router etc

OUTGOING is NOT BLOCKED if you need to block something your router should have a "deny" option.

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
Oh god yourself. Not every1 here is computer literate. Thats besides the the point since my original question was whether or not it was possible to block ports.

iSeize

TD Admin
the internet is a series of tubes. if you need to block a port, call drugz over to take a nice shit on that specific toilet after lunch on a saturday. consider your tube blocked

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
[quote1259651448=Shortbus]
Is it possible to block ports through a router that are opened by default?

Thanks~
[/quote1259651448]

Yes. Access router settings through your internet browser. Look into the "Firewall" settings, and you can 'blacklist' ranges of ports. Hope this helps.

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
[quote1259694110=OG buckshot jr]
[quote1259651448=Shortbus]
Is it possible to block ports through a router that are opened by default?

Thanks~
[/quote1259651448]

Yes. Access router settings through your internet browser. Look into the "Firewall" settings, and you can 'blacklist' ranges of ports. Hope this helps.
[/quote1259694110]

see that's what I thought but my shit router doesn't have any port options under the firewall heading. I'd assume it was in the same place you forward ports but it wasn't there either. I'm starting to think some routers don't have that option? Thanks anyways

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
[quote1259698893=Shortbus]
Oh god yourself. Not every1 here is computer literate. [/quote1259698893]

your right, my bad.

Either way why are you trying to block what ever it is that you want to block?

If your router sucks get a new one or a software firewall.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Well narf is network admin and I was network admin, so this is pretty good readin' for us. So please, don't let us stop you ;)

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
[quote1259702188=cock]
[quote1259698893=Shortbus]
Oh god yourself. Not every1 here is computer literate. [/quote1259698893]

your right, my bad.

Either way why are you trying to block what ever it is that you want to block?

If your router sucks get a new one or a software firewall.
[/quote1259702188]

I'm trying to block the game world of Warcraft so none of the computes on the network can access it. That being said I don't want to fork out money on a new router just for that. And even if I did, chances are they would be against using it since they would know I'm scheming something.