Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh...I'll stick to what I got

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • When is the iPhone 7 coming out?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MetalLobster

TD Admin

Later today, Blackberry will release it's new phone in Singapore, NYC and Frankfurt. Pre-orders are already sold out at the blackberry store :feelscry:. Word is, next wave of stock is January.[EDIT: See links below for availability]

From watching the videos from BlackBerry, their goal with this device is to bring back the old BB vibes by bringing back certain features, like old keyboard shortcuts and the navigation button. Whether people want that or not, I'm not sure, but I like that BB is catering to their old market.

The specs are not impressive. Compared to the Q10, the CPU, GPU and camera are nearly identical and screen size is only slightly bigger on the Classic. The Classic will have a 2515 mAH battery, ~ 15% bigger than the Q10 and will have the latest version of BB OS.

The BB Classic went on pre-order for $449 at the BlackBerry Store. If your on the Z10 or the 9900 (:girlslaughing:) this seems like the phone for you.

BlackBerry-Classic.jpg

BlackBerry-Classic-1.jpg

250958d1393394051-evolution-classic-q20-render-classic-q20.jpg

BlackBerry Classic specs here
BlackBerry Q10 specs here
Specs compared

BB Classic is available from Bell, Rogers, and Virgin Mobile

Last edited:

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
There is no point to the tool belt in OS10... this phone is stupid. Just get a Passport! :D

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
This phone is not meant to be a consumer phone, so if that's what you're expecting you are bound to be disappointed. As discussed in another long thread on here somewhere, the Classic is meant to be an affordable, updated BB for the corporate use - and for mass-ordering. It's basically a bold 9900 with OS10 and a bit faster.

For consumers, it's either Z, Q or Passport (which is still outrageously priced). 2015 will see a new consumer line-up and I can't fucking wait!

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
I don't know, the Classic looks like a cheaper, but better Q10 to me.

The Q10 is cheaper than the Classic
This phone is not meant to be a consumer phone, so if that's what you're expecting you are bound to be disappointed. As discussed in another long thread on here somewhere, the Classic is meant to be an affordable, updated BB for the corporate use - and for mass-ordering. It's basically a bold 9900 with OS10 and a bit faster.

For consumers, it's either Z, Q or Passport (which is still outrageously priced). 2015 will see a new consumer line-up and I can't fucking wait!

John Chen said they are bailing on targeting consumers. The passport was targeted towards business users not consumers. "Work Wide"

MetalLobster

TD Admin
The Q10 is cheaper than the Classic

John Chen said they are bailing on targeting consumers. The passport was targeted towards business users not consumers. "Work Wide"

On Amazon.ca, you're right ($400 vs $450). For some reason, Rogers is selling the Q10 for $699. Probably just classic Rogers bullshit...

This phone is meant to address the marketing failure of the z10 and q10, and mimic the 9900. The videos in the OP is evident of that. During the reveal of this phone, Chen "dared the young generation to try this phone", which harks back to the 9900 where a good chunk of users were young.

src: http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/back-to-the-future-blackberry-classic-not-a-rehash-chen-says-1.2151760