Big Update

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
Update = scout xHair for every gun,

They really did bring the game back to it's original feel in my opinion. The guns I've used seem to react better.

Biggest things i can see,
No more spray'n'pray with any rifle, if you want to run and gun you need an SMG.
M4/AK have amazing accuracy when crouched now.
Scout has is super quick scope, I guess all snipers are like thy now but it's really noticeable on the scout.
also like that the shotgun was beefed up a little, I'll start using it again.

It's bitter-sweet for me with the lame xHair update, I don't understand why they changed it.

cattra

TD Member
Maybe they are trying to make it feel like what CS:GO is going to be like, ease older players into it?

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
good post, hose !

yeah, updates took less than an hour to get used to.

"Defuser, bomb, and VIP icons are now colored by team color convar. " <-- does that mean VIP maps will work now ??!?!?!? do want

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
I read something about jumping/landing penalties.

Does this mean i cant get off accurate shots with the scout at the end of a jump like before?

cattra

TD Member
I really must say this update has been great to me so far. The guns feel more balanced then ever and its just not M4 / AK domination (though when crouched they are godly) but other guns I find a lot more useful then they were such as the FAMAS.

impruv

TD Member
cl_crosshairdot [1 = on, 0 = off]
cl_crosshairspreadscale [0.3 is default, 1 makes it huge, I put it to 0.1]
cl_crosshairthickness 1 [to make it look like before]

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
yeah, i hate the monster spread. reminds me of bad game rainbow 6.

Tarin

DARKLY Fiend
I like it. The spread increase was needed, m4 spray 'n' pray was way too easy.

The only problem is the ak47 is still way to accurate from a dead run. You should not be able to get a one hit headshot while sprinting around a corner, wallhack or no. It makes every other gun basically useless as the only 1 hit kill, other than snipers and deagle.

Well, that and the m4 is underpowered.

Good improvements on the scout though.