• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello TD, I've been playing on your great server for a little while now, and today I joined the server when there was one no one on it to test my new custom spray (nothing offensive, just my name) and when I was about to leave I got kicked and it said I was banned.

I checked the reason and it says: KAC: ConVar sv_cheats violation

Now I don't have a lot of experience with PC gaming so I don't know what that actually means I assume the game thinks I was cheating?

I can assure you I don't use cheats of any kind while playing online game (don't think its fair or fun)

Don't know if this is a mistake or if I was doing something wrong (being on the server alone?)

Was hoping you could look into this and give me response

Player: Stichz
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18743350

Thanks.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
I've seen you on the server before, KAC is a server sided ban, and it usually means the player tried to hack on the server. Better to come clean then to deny it. Btw, if this is a global ban, you will no longer be able to play on any tf2 server running KAC, unless you can somehow convince KAC to remove your steamid from the list.
Anything NEW aside your spray? Any changes to any of your files? If so, now is the time to explain yourself. Otherwise we will assume you were trying to cheat.

Sorry but KAC is usually right.

I assure you I was not trying to hack anything, I have no idea how to do anything of the like, also I was wondering if you could tell me what KAC is, I googled it and found Kigen's Anti-Cheat, and on their site it said my Steam ID was not banned. I'm not sure about other KAC servers because I don't know which servers use it, but I have only had this occur when I try and connect to the TD server

As for changes, I recently (yesterday) uninstalled Half-life2, would that have had an effect maybe?

Just trying to be able to play on your server again, always have fun when I'm on there, seems to be a great community.

Also I was wondering if some of the programs I have running on my computer in the background while playing might have caused this, things like Skype, AIM, and Itunes? Like I said I'm not the most tech savvy guy there is :)

Thanks

TurboTaco

TD Admin
I believe there was another person in the past who had been banned for something similar. Forget his name, but he said something along the lines of dling a new spray or installing new skins then was KAC banned.

Not sure what the reason was behind this...but if u made changes to your game files that alters anything within CSS, you will be likely flagged by KAC.

Also using skype, aim or itunes would not cause you to be banned.

Propaganda

TD Member
[quote1269139738=LoW BuDgEt]
Sorry but KAC is usually right.
[/quote1269139738]

No, KAC is not usually right, it's always right, it does not make erroneous bans.

[quote1269139762=TurboTaco]
I believe there was another person in the past who had been banned for something similar. Forget his name, but he said something along the lines of dling a new spray or installing new skins then was KAC banned.
[/quote1269139762]

Skins and the like will not get you banned.

So let's talk about cvar forcing and why you got banned Stichz. KAC checks for certain cheats, it doesn't detect all of them, but it detects cvar forcing cheats. What a cvar forcing cheat does it try and force the server to allow certain cvars, such as sv_cheats 1, this allows certain built in game hacks to be used, such as mat_wireframe and the likes. Know this. It does not make mistakes and it is never wrong, I have been through this twice before with Kigen. So I would suggest instead of bullshitting us here, you head over to Sourcemod forums and tell Kigen you were banned for sv_cheats and ask him to explain it you in more detail. You will not be getting unbanned here, sorry.

Okay, thanks for your time in trying to help me figure this out, I will go post on their forums to see if I can get some more detailed reason as to what happened.

I really do appreciate you taking time to even get back to me on this. Also I would like to say I was not trying to bullshit you at all.

Thank you again for your time : )

Propaganda

TD Member
As stated the ban is not Kigens responsibility, he merely writes the plugin. You need to go ask him about sv_cheats and why you were banned by KAC. TD didn't ban you, the plugin did. Go tell him you were running itunes and had a new spray and you think that's what caused your ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.