• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

READ ME BAN Political Discussion on forum?

BAN Political Discussion on forum?

• Yes

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
So there has been a lot of political debating going on lately, leading to some pretty derpy posts and pissed off people. Should we get rid of politics on the forum?

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
I would have voted don't care, cause I honestly don't care much about politics.
Especially American politics, being British and all.
I usually just open the thread to close again it so it counts as read and I can go on with my day.

BUT, there has been a lot of butt hurt recently, and it's starting to make aggro around the forums rise by quite a bit.

Yes we are all entitled to our opinions, and yes this is the internet so you can do what the fuck you want.
But we are all on the same team here, one big community.
We shouldn't be tearing into each other just because one person believes something and the other doesn't.

I vote yes, Ban it.
It causes too many arguments and we can carry out our regular gaming lives knowing we wont have to read a lot of peoples one sided views on who knows what.

iCe

TD Admin
Its accounted for 80% of the forum activity, what do you want it nice and silent around here. If people are butthurt tell them to stay away from the threads.

btRiLLa

DARKLY Regular
A good community shows all sides of people. Logically, in a debate - there ARE intensely fueld emotions. Just like anywhere. If you can't take it here, you certainly can't take it in the real world. People really need to learn to take things like religion and politics online with a grain of salt.

Maybe prompt a splash page with a warning on it so a user has to accept something prior to being forwarded to that particular forum. (Easily doable)

Typing on phone -- sorry for shitty grammar.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
I would love to hear Cock, Tarin, and fork included opinion on this.

I love the squabbling between our polar opposite sides - I never get butt hurt or wanna cry. What about you guys?

Tarin, do you really want it banned on darkly to discuss your right to get married?

I sure don't.

thomastronics

TD Member
Don't ban it.
There are some bad apples that don't know how to control their emotions when debating.
I think leave it open and if people get over board and start cursing people,calling people out aggressively, calling other peoples opinions stupid; then give them a slap on the wrist and if they repeat offend, ban them fomr the serious f'n business thread.
Political discussion is good for the mature.

Tarin

DARKLY Fiend
Political discussion is important, it should not go away. It's part of the world we live in. Who knows, someone might actually change their mind, too? Okay, maybe not, but they surely never will if you don't at least introduce new ideas.

It should, however, stay in the "Serious f'n business" sub-forum. Other places it should be deleted or moved. If people don't want to deal with it, then they can stay away from that sub-forum. Simple as that.

George Washington said:
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

Glocky

Drinking your tears
This.

Unbelievable... Soon enough we won't be able to swear.
Fuck fuck fuck

Don't read what doesn't interest you... debates are OK, arguments and personal attacks... not so much.
aup1gb0b.jpg