• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

EXPIRED Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovenoobies

I'm New Here
Name When Banned: ilovenoobies
Steam ID: 76561198044882123 (i think)
Game: Team Fortress 2
Server: DARKLY | Toronto TF2 Trade/Idle #1 | darklytrade.com
Ban Reason: I have no idea. It says scamming.

State your case: A couple days ago I tried to join one of the darkly servers but however I was denied access for an unknown reason. I haven't done anything and I was immediately banned for 4 days. I was sad but I never really made a big deal out of it, I simply waited 4 days until the ban was lifted. When I tried to join today, (when the previous ban should have been lifted) I was, again, immediately banned, and now I'm getting a bit pissed off. The reason it says that I was banned for was apparently scamming, but I have not been doing any sort of trading for over 2 years. Please lift this ban once and for all.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Hey buddy, thanks for coming to appeal. Please wait while some of our TF2 staff get around to helping you out.
By the way, your SteamID is: STEAM_0:1:42308197

Gatherix
jakksilves LiR
zackychuu

Lastly, I'll quickly note that you've been identified as a "Scammer" according to SteamRep, Steam's global trading scam-report website. Although you may not have been banned from our servers before, we automatically ban people who are identified as Scammers through SteamRep.

You can verify this information by inputting your SteamID into the following link:
http://steamrep.com/

Your link: http://steamrep.com/search?q=STEAM_0:1:42308197

Cheers.

ilovenoobies

I'm New Here
I don't understand, I've never intentionally scammed anyone before, and i hardly do any sort of trades. How did I get such reputation?

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
If you scammed someone 2 years ago and they had reported you, since you say you have not traded in over 2 years, well that means that you are banned on any trade server in the world that uses steamrep; and most communities do. We have no control over that. In order for steamrep to lift your ban, you will need to appeal it with them. If you claim you have never scammed, well someone using your account did, a long time ago. Steamrep probably has the date and exact reason why so your best bet is to talk to them about it.

http://steamrep.com/

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
Hi ilovenoobies, thanks for appealing.

As others have already explained, DARKLY has a server-wide policy in place to automatically ban players who are marked as scammers on SteamRep, a global TF2 scammer database. Players can be marked as scammers on SteamRep by numerous TF2 communities, and the corresponding community will be displayed in your tag, ex. if you were reported as a scammer on, say, TF2 Outpost, your SteamRep profile would have a "TF2OP Scammer" mark on it. Marks can also be added directly from SteamRep, "SR Scammer", for reports sent to SteamRep.

The auto-banning policy applies to people who are marked as a scammer on SteamRep from any community; this means if you're marked as a scammer on SteamRep, even if the scammer tag is not associated with DARKLY you will still be auto-banned from all DARKLY servers. To have your ban at DARKLY lifted, any/all scammer tags on your SteamRep profile must be removed. This policy is strictly enforced; no exceptions are made. To remove a scammer tag from your SteamRep profile, you must file an appeal on the community forums associated with the tag. Your scammer tag is affiliated with SteamRep, so you should file an appeal in the appropriate section on the SteamRep forums (links are listed below). Regardless of your 'innocence', this process must be followed to remove a SteamRep scammer tag.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask or consult the SteamRep FAQ (also linked below). Please note that DARKLY cannot remove your SR scammer tag; only SteamRep can have it removed.

SteamRep FAQ
SteamRep Appeals Forum (be sure to read the correct procedure and appeal format)
Your SteamRep profile

Status
Not open for further replies.