• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

DENIED BAN APPEAL - tf2 trade servers/supposedly impersonating admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinklesworth

I'm New Here
Name When Banned: -flas# Some Kind of Wizard​
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:9416649​
Game: team fortress 2​
Server: Darkly trade server (i cant remember which one)​
Ban Reason: IMPERSONATIN AN ADMIN!​
State your case:​
I was apparently banned for impersonating an admin. I never changed my name to an admins name, I never full out said I was an admin by any means, but while I was in tf2 trade server I'm now starting to go to a lot, I had hit one of my binds that posts a link to my trades on tf2outpost. Little did I know, links are not acceptable. So this guy says you can't post links, and with me knowing quite a few of the HEAD TD guys through my IRL friend "ketchup face" who played with you guys a lot and I'm a botster member myself, I jokingly said "well I can, i know the head admins of toronto darkly" He said he didnt believe me and said this is DARKLY not toronto darkly, which anyone should know that's where DARKLY came from to begin with. I left the server cause I had to do something, I come back a while later to realize Im PERMABANNED for "IMPERSONATING AN ADMIN". Now I openly admit to joking about being able to post links. But impersonating an admin? I'm not sure what part was mistaken for that but I guess I'm sorry it was misinterpreted. Some of you admins know who I am and respect me. Some do not know me. That's all.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
Hi pinklesworth, thanks for appealing your ban

Firstly, publicly posting links in the servers is prohibited; this is clearly outlined in the server rules and the regular rotating messages on the servers. The rules are also available in-game via the /rules command. But regardless, ignorance (lack of knowledge) of the rules does not make a player exempt; it is the player's responsibility to follow and uphold all server guidelines. However it seems you're aware of this and the policy regarding link posting, and as it is not the main issue here in addition to being a mild offense, it will not be further discussed.

Allow me to be clear, 'connections' or affiliation with DGN administration and/or staff does not, in any capacity, make a player exempt from server rules or eligible for special treatment. All players, including DGN admins, are subject to the same guidelines; sycophants are not accepted.

Below are extracts from the end of your chat log (please note the logs snapshots read from bottom to top):
tU8ocvI.png

c86KgUM.png

Lkbx8BW.png

BRMYPI7.png
These pieces of your chat (including some omitted ones) strongly imply you're threatening another player, using your supposed affiliation with DGN staff as leverage. "so whatever you do, id suggest be nice because i can make that tag disappear if you dont respect me" is a blatant example of this. I understand you may have intended it to be joking or whatever, but your repeated threats and the argumentative nature of said threats makes this claim difficult to believe. Threatening a player with administrative powers you do not possess falls under the scope of Impersonating Admin; a more specific category could be made, but really isn't necessary. Threatening a player is against server policy, and being difficult to discern it from playful jokes it's better to not do engage in it at all; using direct action from DGN staff as leverage is particularly infringing.

I am placing this appeal under review; please be patient for a decision to be made. You're welcome to post any replies and/or opinoins you feel would be helpful or are necessary to express.

Status
Not open for further replies.