• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

UNBANNED Ban Appeal - CheesySpecs2705

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesySpecs2705

I'm New Here
Name - CheesySpecs2705
Steam ID - 76561198049799151
Game - Team Fortress 2
Server - Darkly Toronto Tf2 Trade/Idle #2 darkly trade
Ban Reason - SMAC 0.8.5.1: Eye Test Violation

Hi, I am writing to appeal my ban which I believe is a mistake. I was only on the Darkly trading server for about 10 minutes saying "Selling a white bills hat for 7 keys pure trade if interested" and using the taunts conga and rock paper scissors. I wasn't being rude to anybody in the chat I was minding my own business only to be banned for an eye test violation? I don't even know what that means and I would like to know.

Hopefully this was a mistake but if it wasn't I apologise and I would like an explanation too.

HappySticks™

TD Admin
The Eye Test plugin determines if a player's field of view has been altered past the point of a normal player. Usually cheats like Anti-Recoil, No-Spread and some Aimbots will do this. When spectating the player they usually show a shaky screen.

Darkly typically doesn't unban hackers automatically caught by SMAC, but nonetheless an Admin will be posting shortly. Please be patient.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Just going to go ahead and repost my reply from this thread: http://darklygaming.com/forum/threads/banned.12681/
You were banned by our Anti-Hack plugin, Source-Mod Anti Cheat.
As far as I am concerned, SMAC bans are non-appealable.

An Eye test violation could be anything from Aim-bot to Trigger-bot or similar.
We may only have TF2 trade servers, but we do not allow hackers on Darkly. Period.

Appeal has been denied.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
I am re-opening this appeal due to a new thread opened by the other appealer.
ok thank you.
i should of added i was in my spawn doing the conga at the time of the ban.
:SMAC 0.8.5.1: Eye Test Violation.

thank you for your fast response. I would like to say though, i prefer being crap than using a shamebot

kind regards
oatcake

I just ran some tests and it seems that something is broken with SMAC and the Conga taunt.
Please be patient while we look into this.

CheesySpecs2705

I'm New Here
I'm glad you're looking into it, just like oatcake I'd rather be known as a crap player than a hacker, especially in one of my favourite trading servers too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.