[ATTN] Advertising on TF2Spreadsheet... with conditions.

Wrath

DARKLY Middleman
Not sure if you guys were aware but the sheet's been giving away keys, kinda like the same promotion you guys are doing now.

I dunno, seems like an impossible request, he wants his tag removed, how if it's not even a DGN tag, its a 'faggit' tag. Second one would be up to you guys to make that call, but dunno. Would be cool if DARKLY supported it but given the turn of events...I still use the sheet, as I used to use it with other sheets and lists.

But then again:

Just my two cents.

The accuracy of the spreadsheet is always in question is it is controlled by a small group of people that get to decide the price. Backpack.tf has voting from the community on what they've been able to sell the item for and normally requires proof before considered "approved." I would agree with previous posts in this thread and caution Darkly to associate with the spreadsheet at all until the Admin can resolve his REDDIT issues and the spreadsheet itself can re-establish it's image.

I would have to vote no, as well, until we can see these things occur on his side.
The voting system is open to corruption. Quality doesn't exist here with both sheets, but it's better to pick the higher quality, being the original spreadsheet, than the quantity of backpack.tf...

Quality over Quantity. I don't give two fucks about the idiot masses fucking up the key pricing or items.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
The voting system is open to corruption. Quality doesn't exist here with both sheets, but it's better to pick the higher quality, being the original spreadsheet, than the quantity of backpack.tf...

Quality over Quantity. I don't give two fucks about the idiot masses fucking up the key pricing or items.

Just ranted about this to someone else earlier. The intentions of a voting system are good, but it only causes the consumer to replace the vendor as the majority influence over market pricing. It's skewed the whole market, except perhaps that influenced by unusuals and cash trading, which have remained their own separate market. But the original spreadsheet has also lost its popularity and image to backpack.tf as now everyone uses and trusts backpack.tf instead (for no legitimate reason), which makes spreadsheet's "quality" shit too.

Fiend

Senior TF2 Admin
Gatherix is right in what he says. The Spreadsheet also lost credibility because the 3 peeps that do run it were accused of manipulating the market for their benefit. Whether that's true or not, i don't know. Nor does it matter, really. Perception is reality and, right now, the majority of the TF2 community views the spreadsheet as bogus.

It's a catch 22 for us. Which do we use? There is going to be criticism either way both externally and internally. Ultimately, i don't know that it's a decision we have full control over. If we don't use BP.tf right now, chaos could ensue on the servers because of pricing differences and trolls making fun of the spreadsheet and those who use it. The spreadsheet has a bad image right now. I don't think it wise for us to affiliate with it until it's able to reestablish it's image.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
The long and the short of it is basically, right now if we decide to affiliate with a scammer, it will look bad on us.
Whether or not he was wrongly accused is an issue to resolve between those who got him tagged.
BUT, as a SR affiliated community, choosing to affiliate with Spreadsheet would be bad.

We have to ride it out, if he ever gets un-tagged, maybe we can think about it again.
That an also waiting for them to re-vamp the spreadsheet and make their own plugin etc.

Discodude

TF2 Admin
Not sure if you guys were aware but the sheet's been giving away keys, kinda like the same promotion you guys are doing now.

I dunno, seems like an impossible request, he wants his tag removed, how if it's not even a DGN tag, its a 'faggit' tag. Second one would be up to you guys to make that call, but dunno. Would be cool if DARKLY supported it but given the turn of events...I still use the sheet, as I used to use it with other sheets and lists.

But then again:

Just my two cents.

Did Jakk like that post because of that video? He's used it so many times :3

Anyways, yup. Even if bp.tf (Gatherix) is just a different spreadsheet, people trust it, at the moment at least. Even for advertising, it might not be worth the criticism given by using the old spreadsheet, especially if we're affiliated with SR (Zackychuu).

Hurray...but I think TF2 should hurry up and evolve from trading websites.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
Did Jakk like that post because of that video? He's used it so many times :3

Anyways, yup. Even if bp.tf (Gatherix) is just a different spreadsheet, people trust it, at the moment at least. Even for advertising, it might not be worth the criticism given by using the old spreadsheet, especially if we're affiliated with SR (Zackychuu).

Hurray...but I think TF2 should hurry up and evolve from trading websites.

So, um, what exactly does my name signify or represent in that?

Wrath

DARKLY Middleman
I'm curious what that Admin's response is, or if he's even aware of this debate thread....:waiting:

But it makes me sound pro-backpack.tf :why:
You're both idiots dumbasses brains wrong. Gatherix is like the K.G.B. of Soviet Backpack.tf. (But you know I'm just poking at your opinions, not that we hate your or anything.)
I'm curious what that Admin's response is, or if he's even aware of this debate thread....:waiting:
:rip: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tf2spreadsheetadmin

Honestly, my opinion's to support the sheet as well, so we do not remain biased to Backpack.tf's douche-beggary (LOL) but...it's a community's vote whether or not to support it. Given his demands, it seems impossible at this point.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
You're both idiots dumbasses brains wrong. Gatherix is like the K.G.B. of Soviet Backpack.tf. (But you know I'm just poking at your opinions, not that we hate your or anything.

Let me summarize, then.

I hate backpack.tf
I think Spreadsheet isn't too great, but considerably better than backpack.tf
I think the vast majority of people hate Spreadsheet and adore backpack.tf
Thus, I think we should use backpack.tf

Not using it won't make a significant impact in the way it affects the economy, but could effect the image of Darkly. Numerous times on the Darkly servers I've heard respected, frequent traders scoff at the idea of using Spreadsheet. While I strongly disagree with them, using Spreadsheet would still affect us in undesirable ways.

Let me summarize, then.

I hate backpack.tf
I think Spreadsheet isn't too great, but considerably better than backpack.tf
I think the vast majority of people hate Spreadsheet and adore backpack.tf
Thus, I think we should use backpack.tf

Not using it won't make a significant impact in the way it affects the economy, but could effect the image of Darkly. Numerous times on the Darkly servers I've heard respected, frequent traders scoff at the idea of using Spreadsheet. While I strongly disagree with them, using Spreadsheet would still affect us in undesirable ways.
We can't please everyone. Rather have a few bits here and there, than one entire mass. Meh.
:fuuu: