ARMA

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Anybody play this ARMA thing?

Whats it about?

Like beeftree but persistant environment?

Like WarZ where you have to grab loot and poon bitches?

DatGuy

TD Member
ARMA is more about playing like its real life...

executing military style operations like soldiers would

its best shown in COOP, you can have like 50 dudes COOPing

radik

TD Member
It's a military simulator. You can play coop against AI or pvp on a small or large scale. I'm not sure what the max players size is, 50v50 or something.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
lol fuck is that ever horrible... Leroy, same engine as DayZ, sooooooooooooooooooo lol

No Arma 3 is running a brand new engine... and it is pretty fucking sick:

Arma2 is also a sick engine. I've been playing other mods lately for Arma2, so much fun. 50 on 50 strategic army battles. Blows BF3 out of the water.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Leroy never mentioned ARMA III, derp. I thought he was asking about just ARMA.

P.S. That still looks ghetto.. wtf is wrong with these designers?! They really expect people to buy this shit?

radik

TD Member
Leroy never mentioned ARMA III, derp. I thought he was asking about just ARMA.

P.S. That still looks ghetto.. wtf is wrong with these designers?! They really expect people to buy this shit?

Keep in mind that this isn't a small corridor shooter with regular loads, ex: Metro 2033. It's a large scale outdoor sandbox sim with some of the most impressive physics, lighting, and texture resolutions of any modern game.

Visually it isn't the most impressive, but ghetto is a strong word, this games visuals are still impressive. On a side note they are very focused on optimizing this game properly, something they didn't do for ARMA II, Bohemia even claims the system requirements for ARMA III will be the same as ARMA II

radik

TD Member
That's sort of an indicator on the graphics, no?

No, it's not. It's an indication that they are properly optimizing the game to run fluid and look decent. ARMA II has the ability to cripple high end hardware and still look like shit, it's an atrociously optimized game.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
yeah, it looks like ass. the frames look jumpy and the guy probabaly has a pimp pc.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
The ingame videos of DayZ standalone look MUCH MUCH better then what DayZ mod looks like

DayZ night time graphics = gouge your eyes out.

Some games aren't about graphics. Go play shiny cod231496135 and bf4 if you want impressive graphics. I prefer a game with meh graphics and open end mod-ability + unique game play.

Even DayZ in its shitty hack ridden-glitch ridden-shit graphics mod form was better than bf3.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
I'll give it a shot. whats it gonna cost, 23$? Fuck Aliens CM cost me $100

i'm in it for the feels, bros