• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

Another reason my school blows:

clark

TD Member
How everything started:
Www.tinyclark.com/busapp

My email to the university that I sent to the head of IT as well as the president of the university and the person second in command whom I myself have held several conversations with.
Www.tinyclark.com/lettertojwu

Oh, and you don't have to attend my university to sign my petition thing, it is all principle in my stance outweighs theirs.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
That sucks..
They're probably just jealous because they didn't think of creating those apps.

I wouldn't be surprised if you see their own versions popping up on the play store within a few months.

clark

TD Member
Why would they care... wtf

I am going to say because the university is working on creating their own app. They have approached me in the past asking questions about mine, and taking note of things I have done in mine.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
You really should spell-check article that you either post online for people to see and participate in, or that you're going to send to your University.

Also - put in a copyright/patent - whatever you can - with your apps RIGHT AWAY. Then, if the University does come out with some shit, you sue their asses flat. BIG UP.

But seriously, ask a friend to edit your writing, shit...

adam::davis

2011 Troll of the Year
Also - put in a copyright/patent - whatever you can - with your apps RIGHT AWAY. Then, if the University does come out with some shit, you sue their asses flat. BIG UP.

Patents or any sort of IP protection really wouldn't panout with something like this - bus scheudle apps aren't really new innovation and the data he's getting for the app is sourced from the school's web page. The times of bus arrival is of course public information, but the source he's grabbing it from is not. If someone were to be manually entering the data it'd change things a bit I reckon.

$alvador

TD Member
The ways in which you fucked up:

a) taking the apps off the market at a verbal request (should have asked for a cease & desist in writing)
b) publicizing the details of a verbal conversation which could be considered libel
c) you spelled nowhere as "know where" and the context clearly implies it should be the former.

at this point, you should probably talk to a real lawyer

That's stupid...you were caught during the ongoing lawsuit wars it seems, this information, while it does violate 1 (I can only identify 1 at the moment, which is madness) patent, that can easily be overlooked if the information is for educational/public information. -_-

Good luck getting this resolved, that's the last thing any student needs, is a law suit by leeches.

clark

TD Member
So... I think it is pretty funny how some situations unfold. Since, I have had several meetings with several different people, one of those meetings being an hour ago, where I was offered a job withing the university.
Not a position that was currently open, but one that has been in an ongoing discussion within the university since my email. They are creating the position specifically for me, where I will be working along with the development team of the university with the app they are currently creating, working on development, beta testing, and implementation. A job that will pay more then what I currently make in my other position for the university. I will now have an office about 4 rooms over from the president of the university in the upper administration building.
I walked in for the meeting this afternoon, and people who I do not even know who are, greeted me, and knew me by name.
I do believe I won this argument, seeing as how my app is still being used by hundreds around campus.

$alvador

TD Member
got lucky, i guess someone told the head of IT to shut the fuck up before he makes the school look bad victimizing a student with lawsuits shit lol