Adding donation perks for CSGO as well?

MetalLobster

TD Admin
IMO, none of this nonsense has a place on the server. One of the reasons why I like this server so much is that it's devoid of extraneous addons, but that's just me.

This might come across as flaming, and I sincerely don't mean to flame, but the best way to increase the donation rate is to resolve the lag/choking issues completely. Low Budget has gone out of his way time and time again to try to fix these issues, and I see that very clearly. Initially, the server was performing much better, but the lag/choking is back. It must be an ISP issue with the server provider like what was discussed before, but I'm no expert.

CSGO isn't going anywhere. There's a ton of potential for growth for TD, but the server performance issues need to be hammered out, IMO. There's a lot of good things happening with this server at the moment (all of the new maps that have been added to the server, for example), but lag/choking is going to be a huge turn off for many people.

I disagree, there are many good performing servers out there, so we need a way to differentiate ourselves and mods like special knife and skins are a way to go. I've seen my previous affiliation, HG, use very creative mods to attract donations and it works. I've made a donation to HG once just so I can turn MetalLobster to MetalLobster in-game and many players have either done the same or donated more on custom hats, skins and abilities. There is no doubt that it was a lot of work, but I saw their donation page just shit entries out.

We already have a solid community and if the performance issues can be ironed out, mods and donation perks should be the next consideration for the servers.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
I disagree, there are many good performing servers out there, so we need a way to differentiate ourselves and mods like special knife and skins are a way to go. I've seen my previous affiliation, HG, use very creative mods to attract donations and it works. I've made a donation to HG once just so I can turn MetalLobster to MetalLobster in-game and many players have either done the same or donated more on custom hats, skins and abilities. There is no doubt that it was a lot of work, but I saw their donation page just shit entries out.

We already have a solid community and if the performance issues can be ironed out, mods and donation perks should be the next consideration for the servers.
I guess I'm indifferent toward non-gameplay effecting mods, but I don't want to see any of this kind of shit in TD:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=296551107

Thanatos

TD Member
Not sure if this is possible in CS, but instead of reserved slots would it be possible for donators to have priority queuing like you get in Battlefield with Premium?

Hinouchi

TD Admin
Not sure if this is possible in CS, but instead of reserved slots would it be possible for donators to have priority queuing like you get in Battlefield with Premium?
Think it would be better if there's a plug-in that redirect you to the Chicago after the main server is full.

update: nope nvm, just google it, that doesn't work with CSGO~

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
We should form a gambling ring.

Everybody kicks $20 into the kitty, and then like a 50/50 draw, you win not the cash, but a skin of equal value.

I'm a fucking jenius.