Adding donation perks for CSGO as well?

BOT Snake

TD Admin
I have seen other servers do this and they give people skin customization options, slot reservation, etc. I think it will help out with our monthly goals and help populate our servers. What do you guys think? Will adding more plug-ins like this make the server have loopy lags?

Freak

DARKLY Regular
I would love to see reservation slots. I also saw other servers allowing donators to deposit/withdraw cash from an in-game bank at will.

MetalLobster

TD Admin
I don't know about slot reservation because it's going to kick players who may not have the ability to donate or can't afford to contribute. It's also really annoying to be kicked off for reservation, because there is no warning of any kind. Defusing the bomb? Fuck you, you've been dropped due to slot reservation. IMHO, we should not implement anything that allows people to buy any kind of privilege that will ruin the balance of game or kick players.

I like the idea of custom skins.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
I don't know about slot reservation because it's going to kick players who may not have the ability to donate or can't afford to contribute. It's also really annoying to be kicked off for reservation, because there is no warning of any kind. Defusing the bomb? Fuck you, you've been dropped due to slot reservation. IMHO, we should not implement anything that allows people to buy any kind of privilege that will ruin the balance of game or kick players.
Agreed.
I also saw other servers allowing donators to deposit/withdraw cash from an in-game bank at will.
:no:

shoottomaim

BANNED
I would love to see reservation slots. I also saw other servers allowing donators to deposit/withdraw cash from an in-game bank at will.

It seems kind of cool, doesn't it?! But it ruins the whole 'competitive' feel that the TD pub gives. :c

MetalLobster

TD Admin
Got idea for new skin

lDk1hrS.jpg

:notbad:

BOT Snake

TD Admin

I like the idea of custom skins.
How about instead of waiting to get into a full server, let's get the second server packed too? :D FUCK slot reservation!

Okay, so slot reservation does sound a little wonky!

How about the custom skins? I feel that it would be charming to other people. Instead of spending so much money on buying weapon skins or buying keys to unlock boxes, why not just donate to to the server and get them there for free!

Thank you for the responses!

Hinouchi

TD Admin
Okay, so slot reservation does sound a little wonky!

How about the custom skins? I feel that it would be charming to other people. Instead of spending so much money on buying weapon skins or buying keys to unlock boxes, why not just donate to to the server and get them there for free!

Thank you for the responses!
The skins idea sounds good tho. :thumbsup:

AAA

A Little Darkly

the thing is with this is that it depends on how its implemented, since some people can "buy" ak/m4s during pistol round

I'm not so keen on the P2W perks. But what other perks can we add if ever we go with this?

from what ive seen, most perks will remove the competitive feel, and bring a more arcade/casual environment.

i dont know if source has a mod with it anymore but ive seen in 1.6 that if you donate you can have like a custom tag along with your name in chat
like "BOT Snake (Super Donator):" or something like that

edit: that also means more plugins on the server so more possible "lag/reg" excuses

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
IMO, none of this nonsense has a place on the server. One of the reasons why I like this server so much is that it's devoid of extraneous addons, but that's just me.

This might come across as flaming, and I sincerely don't mean to flame, but the best way to increase the donation rate is to resolve the lag/choking issues completely. Low Budget has gone out of his way time and time again to try to fix these issues, and I see that very clearly. Initially, the server was performing much better, but the lag/choking is back. It must be an ISP issue with the server provider like what was discussed before, but I'm no expert.

CSGO isn't going anywhere. There's a ton of potential for growth for TD, but the server performance issues need to be hammered out, IMO. There's a lot of good things happening with this server at the moment (all of the new maps that have been added to the server, for example), but lag/choking is going to be a huge turn off for many people.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
IMO, none of this nonsense has a place on the server. One of the reasons why I like this server so much is that it's devoid of extraneous addons, but that's just me.

This might come across as flaming, and I sincerely don't mean to flame, but the best way to increase the donation rate is to resolve the lag/choking issues completely. Low Budget has gone out of his way time and time again to try to fix these issues, and I see that very clearly. Initially, the server was performing much better, but the lag/choking is back. It must be an ISP issue with the server provider like what was discussed before, but I'm no expert.

CSGO isn't going anywhere. There's a ton of potential for growth for TD, but the server performance issues need to be hammered out, IMO. There's a lot of good things happening with this server at the moment (all of the new maps that have been added to the server, for example), but lag/choking is going to be a huge turn off for many people.

We're in the middle of collecting some statistical network data to see how much of the issue is the server host and how much is something else. We've gotten quite a bit at this point, so hopefully some work can start soon. If Low Budget gives the green light, I'll also run some test servers and look at some of the plugin code to isolate any plugin problems that might be causing the lag. Trust that there's certainly work going on behind the scenes.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
We're in the middle of collecting some statistical network data to see how much of the issue is the server host and how much is something else. We've gotten quite a bit at this point, so hopefully some work can start soon. If Low Budget gives the green light, I'll also run some test servers and look at some of the plugin code to isolate any plugin problems that might be causing the lag. Trust that there's certainly work going on behind the scenes.
Glad to hear it.