5v5 Tournament ???

Do you want to participate in this tournament?

• Total voters

kts

TD Admin
BOT Snake Hinouchi

Iwas jk, I <3 u guys, i'm a 1 star so i cant talk. :)

also you can probably find configs, on esea or cevo?(if its still alive) on their sites or some shit.
Thats how you'd do it for source anyway.

Nick

DARKLY Regular
Let me know when/how things are gonna happen, post in the group if possible, easier that way for everyone

.44 caliber

TD Admin
So it can never be played on? Scrimfags are like TF2fags asking for pub.

We might still have one on the server.

Maybe if you guys shared the responsibility of setting up the servers then we wouldn't have to always wait on you to get some shit done. It's fucking frustrating.

Low Budget especially when you're all gung ho about getting the chicago server running for like 3 days and then im left dick in hand trying to start it by myself everyday once you get bored. I'm one of a few admins that have ever played in there i'm guessing. Whats the point?

And another thing. The main pub is broken AS FUCK. Its a laggy cunt and I don't even want to play there for the first time in 6 years. If we dont get on board and fix it then all of our counterstrike player base dissapears. All we have left after that are TF2 traders and jaded MMO fags that are emo and wishing for the glory days of css to come back. SOURCE is DEAD. Get the the fuck over it!

-_-

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
Maybe if you guys shared the responsibility of setting up the servers then we wouldn't have to always wait on you to get some shit done. It's fucking frustrating.

Low Budget especially when you're all gung ho about getting the chicago server running for like 3 days and then im left dick in hand trying to start it by myself everyday once you get bored. I'm one of a few admins that have ever played in there i'm guessing. Whats the point?

And another thing. The main pub is broken AS FUCK. Its a laggy cunt and I don't even want to play there for the first time in 6 years. If we dont get on board and fix it then all of our counterstrike player base dissapears. All we have left after that are TF2 traders and jaded MMO fags that are emo and wishing for the glory days of css to come back. SOURCE is DEAD. Get the the fuck over it!

-_-

:notsure: this guy for real or trolling?

First of all, we're not slaves. We volunteer our free time and work for FREE around here. FOR WHAT? What respect? What recognition? What appreciation? Fuck all! Why? Because there are a bunch of ungrateful bitches around here who like to do nothing but bitch and complain about everything. It's easy to be sitting on your fat ass and complain. Find a fucking solution instead of whining for a change.

Secondly, How many fucking servers have we setup when all interested parties were like "Oh yes we will be playing on this server if you make one" and then that shit sits crickets forever. Is it not a waste of our time? Put yourself in my shoes. What motivation do I have to go take time out of my day to do something for absolutely nothing. We had a scrim server when GO launched, noone used it. We made a scrim server in CSS and gave FTP access to all you guys, yet server was never used. Instead you all went to play on town drunk's server or keeripes can't remember who's server it was. But the one we set up was never used. Do you see where I'm going with this? So I anticipate we make a server and it will just sit here picking up dust on dust2.

Thirdly, I spent a good TWO WEEKS (not 3 days ) playing CSGO on the new Chicago server. Not once during those two weeks did I play WarZ. I dedicated those two weeks to try to get this server going. I would sit in server forever alone all day doing something else and playing as soon as someone would join. I did countless group events, Plastered the server info all over the forums, annoyed everyone on my friends list by constantly inviting them to join the game. It's funny, you guys like to go play on a full server but when it comes to populating one, noone is up for the job. Not to mention all the time I spent setting up the server. I just feel like I wasted a good 3 weeks of my life. Only to get shit on for not still playing on it today. I don't have much interest in CSGO anymore, but I made a sacrifice and played it non-stop for 2 weeks to help the community. For nothing once again. I will take this opportunity to announce that we will be shutting down Chicago due to lack of interest from the community.

Lastly. Our favorite Toronto server. Before I get started on this issue, I would like to point out that I replied to every thread regarding performance on the Toronto server. I spent countless hours looking online for a solution, looking for other communities having similar issues, etc. But of course because you don't see me doing all the work, you think I just sit here and ignore all complaints. Let's get the record straight for anyone who still does not understand English, anyone who cannot comprehend what was said in the other threads:

1) The load on the server is PERFECTLY fine (For the less intelligent people, this means that the lag has nothing to do with the box itself)
2) The lag seems to be experienced by some and not by others. If this was related to box performance, everyone would be affected.
3) THERE ARE NO OTHER hosts in Toronto. We have tried them all over the years.
4) There are several other communities who experienced the same lag issues. This is because the problem was created by valve. Hence why the server ran fine one day and the next was aids. There was no change on our end that caused a decrease in performance.
5) The higher ping experienced depending on which ISP you use is caused by routing from the host/ISP. Again nothing we can control.

So what can be done? Nothing. Bail from Toronto and go Chicago. Wanna sacrifice losing all IPs, starting from scratch once again and not have the local toronto ping. Then fine, let's get a chicago server and call it Toronto Darkly and call it a day.

I am getting fed up to be honest and feel like my days here are numbered. Very few people here appreciate any of the work we do. Some of the OGs who play no community supported games anymore are scaring all new members away. Everything we do is scrutinized. We are barely hitting donation goals, ad revenues are down. We are eating up all our reserves due to a deficit. You know what happens when reserves run out? When you can't pay your bills, they pull the plug on you. Genesis Gunblade I appreciate your generosity and donations, but it's unfair for you guys cough up so much money while everyone else gets a free ride, you two bailed us out more than once. It just seems like noone gives a fuck anymore since CSS died. So why should I give a fuck?

:fuckthis:

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
:notsure: this guy for real or trolling?

First of all, we're not slaves. We volunteer our free time and work for FREE around here. FOR WHAT? What respect? What recognition? What appreciation? Fuck all! Why? Because there are a bunch of ungrateful bitches around here who like to do nothing but bitch and complain about everything. It's easy to be sitting on your fat ass and complain. Find a fucking solution instead of whining for a change.

Secondly, How many fucking servers have we setup when all interested parties were like "Oh yes we will be playing on this server if you make one" and then that shit sits crickets forever. Is it not a waste of our time? Put yourself in my shoes. What motivation do I have to go take time out of my day to do something for absolutely nothing. We had a scrim server when GO launched, noone used it. We made a scrim server in CSS and gave FTP access to all you guys, yet server was never used. Instead you all went to play on town drunk's server or keeripes can't remember who's server it was. But the one we set up was never used. Do you see where I'm going with this? So I anticipate we make a server and it will just sit here picking up dust on dust2.

Thirdly, I spent a good TWO WEEKS (not 3 days ) playing CSGO on the new Chicago server. Not once during those two weeks did I play WarZ. I dedicated those two weeks to try to get this server going. I would sit in server forever alone all day doing something else and playing as soon as someone would join. I did countless group events, Plastered the server info all over the forums, annoyed everyone on my friends list by constantly inviting them to join the game. It's funny, you guys like to go play on a full server but when it comes to populating one, noone is up for the job. Not to mention all the time I spent setting up the server. I just feel like I wasted a good 3 weeks of my life. Only to get shit on for not still playing on it today. I don't have much interest in CSGO anymore, but I made a sacrifice and played it non-stop for 2 weeks to help the community. For nothing once again. I will take this opportunity to announce that we will be shutting down Chicago due to lack of interest from the community.

Lastly. Our favorite Toronto server. Before I get started on this issue, I would like to point out that I replied to every thread regarding performance on the Toronto server. I spent countless hours looking online for a solution, looking for other communities having similar issues, etc. But of course because you don't see me doing all the work, you think I just sit here and ignore all complaints. Let's get the record straight for anyone who still does not understand English, anyone who cannot comprehend what was said in the other threads:

1) The load on the server is PERFECTLY fine (For the less intelligent people, this means that the lag has nothing to do with the box itself)
2) The lag seems to be experienced by some and not by others. If this was related to box performance, everyone would be affected.
3) THERE ARE NO OTHER hosts in Toronto. We have tried them all over the years.
4) There are several other communities who experienced the same lag issues. This is because the problem was created by valve. Hence why the server ran fine one day and the next was aids. There was no change on our end that caused a decrease in performance.
5) The higher ping experienced depending on which ISP you use is caused by routing from the host/ISP. Again nothing we can control.

So what can be done? Nothing. Bail from Toronto and go Chicago. Wanna sacrifice losing all IPs, starting from scratch once again and not have the local toronto ping. Then fine, let's get a chicago server and call it Toronto Darkly and call it a day.

I am getting fed up to be honest and feel like my days here are numbered. Very few people here appreciate any of the work we do. Some of the OGs who play no community supported games anymore are scaring all new members away. Everything we do is scrutinized. We are barely hitting donation goals, ad revenues are down. We are eating up all our reserves due to a deficit. You know what happens when reserves run out? When you can't pay your bills, they pull the plug on you. Genesis Gunblade I appreciate your generosity and donations, but it's unfair for you guys cough up so much money while everyone else gets a free ride, you two bailed us out more than once. It just seems like noone gives a fuck anymore since CSS died. So why should I give a fuck?

:fuckthis:

Its funny because myself, Leroy OG buckshot jr Fork Included are the ones who appreciate the time you have sacrificed for this the most over the years. You claim we scare away all the new players, but that is a lie. We create the same atmosphere on the forums that have been on TD since 2006. Some fags can't deal and leave.Plenty stay.

real talk scrim fags rent your own 10 man server and shut the fuck up.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
So about the tourney. Do you guys want this on Chicago or Toronto?

I will set up a vanilla server. ftp access will be provided to the person(s) who want to be in charge of setting it up etc.

MetalLobster

TD Admin
Low Budget What you've said come from a general lack of understanding of the job and it's not just happening here. Assuming you've done sys.admin work, ever get called the online janitor or computer janitor? According to XYZ department, sys. admins "don't make the company money" and usually get skimped on bonus and shit, but you know better. Programmers, desk/tech. support, service centers goes through similar get. There's no love for IT nowadays.

MetalLobster

TD Admin
So about the tourney. Do you guys want this on Chicago or Toronto?

I will set up a vanilla server. ftp access will be provided to the person(s) who want to be in charge of setting it up etc.

Chicago, and I can hopefully set something up when I'm done finals.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
So when I was setting up the Chicago server I came across this plugin: http://danielgibbs.co.uk/scripts/csgoserver/#Running_the_Server
This is what chicago is using, it's very user friendly and has easy commands for Linux noobs:

Running the Server

Start the server.
./csgoserver start
Stop the server.
./csgoserver stop
Restart the server.
./csgoserver restart
Updating the Server

The server can be updated automatically using SteamCMD. The update option will stop the server, run the SteamCMD update and start the server again.
./csgoserver update
To restart the server while updating use update-restart.
It is recommended that you restart the server when an update is completed to apply the update.

./csgoserver update-restart