47: want to buy new tv

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
need a new tv, something at least 65". post good deals here pls.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
HAHA YES GLOCK!!

@47 - don't buy LG, shit quality and shit picture. For that size, it's only Samsung and Sharp, and you'll probably get a better deal on Samsung strictly because there are more of them and different models. For example, Samsung might have two models 65" plus, one more expensive because it's a smart TV with more features and the other may have a slower processor (but who gives a fuck for smart TV's?)

Me personally, I wouldn't rule out Costco. They sell last year's shit but at bomb prices, so if you're ok with that (I certainly am), you can always find a good deal there. From personal experience, avoid 2001 audio/video as they're expensive.

Places I like: Costco, Future/Best Buy (but beware the models), and any smaller shop that has good deals. I have one near me, it's an entire store of TV's and some decent deals. I can check them out in store if you want and give you a list.

Reactions: 47

ranger24

A Little Darkly
First things first when you are looking to buy a TV you don't just get one bc it looks nice at the store .. For example you go to best buy see a 40 inch Samsung for $900 then go to Walmart and see what you think is the same tv for $400 when really the Walmart TV is not the same.. You have to look at the hz contrast ratio etc. Second BestBuy is over priced at buying a TV in the states.. Even during black firday sales they jake the price 2 months in advice so people will think there getting a huge deal. Buy it your looking for a TV Id go Samsung smart TVs ... By far the best TVs I have seen.

You said 65 inch so here is this one
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN65F6300AFXZA

ranger24

A Little Darkly
This is in the states yes best thing I can tell you to do .. . Is call the nearest store in the states and see if they have one or if they can get you one. I wouldn't drive here unless you know its there waiting for you.. But when I clicked the located local store it came up with Walmart and bestbuy

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
yeee buffalo mission, if you fill up on gas there the trip pays for itself

ranger24

A Little Darkly
lol Good luck... Stores are starting to get bare here in buffalo because all you Canadians keep coming down here!! Black Friday to Xmass in buffalo is more like a new part of Canada!

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
lol Good luck... Stores are starting to get bare here in buffalo because all you Canadians keep coming down here!! Black Friday to Xmass in buffalo is more like a new part of Canada!
I'm not surprised. We get raped everyday in retail, and when a sale does come around like Black Friday we get second-rate, shit versions of normal goods that have been jacked up in price before the sale to make them look like they've gone on sale.. it's pretty pathetic, really..

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
Is it even worth it anymore? Drive to Buffalo, buy gas, food, wait in lineup at border, wrestle wild pakis in store, pay duty + exchange rate difference... can't be saving that much.

ranger24

A Little Darkly
IF you really want deals you should shot here day after xmass and new years.. We Let all you Canadians get sucked in to buy it at the same prices its been all year. Are local retailers jack the prices 2 months in advice and say its a sale. But after xmass when they now have too much shit.. the sales are real.. On most stuff. TVs tho never really change much

Noob.

TD Member
True, you'd have to have balls with a hidden tv in your car lol
The balls are real with this one.

Do they actually check your vehicle crossing the border out east? I've crossed the border a number of times from Alberta to Montana and back and never been stopped or searched. At most I get a couple questions.

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
The balls are real with this one.

Do they actually check your vehicle crossing the border out east? I've crossed the border a number of times from Alberta to Montana and back and never been stopped or searched. At most I get a couple questions.

Yes they do... eventually your luck will run out... and from then on you will get ass fucked every time you try and cross... all to save a few bucks.

All it takes is one border guard having a bad day... I've met a few of them.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Toronto is the capital of Canada (not literally, but population, business, finance etc. it is), and Buffalo is right below us and they have known outlets Canadians love to shop at. So the Border Patrol always give us a hard time.