47: need new kick ass headphones

Tarin

DARKLY Fiend
I had Sennheiser HD180 and I loved them until I dropped my laptop on the audio jack and broke both the laptop and the headphones. I cried. So +1 Sennheiser.

Like r3v said though, Denon D2000, they were a out of my price range when I was buying, but I wanted them. If they came down to less than 200$, get them!

Dean

TD Member
hd555's usually go on sale, got me a pair. lasting for over 2 years (after rage smash repairs) they are pretty durable. took excessive abuse before breakage

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
I wouldn't go Bose.

Some other options. Check out head-fi.org for reviews from real audiophiles.

Denon D2000 (I have this pair and I love it - good if you like a little punch with the bass).
AKG 702 (all these headphones sound better with amps, but the AKG is definitely harder to drive without one -- might be a deal breaker if you want something mobile)
Shure 240 or 440.
Grados (this is an open style headphone - lots of sound leak but if the main use of these headphones is in quiet environments, this probably has the best sound quality for the buck.)

good site man, sennhaiser gets shit reviews there lol. so far looking at Grado Prestige Series SR60i, apparently pure bang for buck. only bad thing is sound leak because so open

is ther a store wehre i can demo some heahones ?

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
It's downtown, but Bay Bloor Radio has a wall of headphones plugged in. They're big on pushing Bose.

Just don't buy your shit there. $_____$

where should i buy ? internets or there is a good store ?

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
If you don't need them immediately, I think you're more likely to find a good price online. Probably even free shipping.

Buying in GTA is probably going to cost.

Sometimes I use http://www.shopbot.ca to get an idea of the prices around this bitch.

truuuu, so ill have to drive down to bay bloor radio, pick my shit and buy from internets

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
-1 pac mall, no way never, $200 headphones, dont want knockoffs.

+1 bay bloor test drive, buy online amazon

lol @ pac mall. even if u get legit shit, once its over the counter, ure on your pwn.

Remy

TD Member / Gay Gyoza
Depends what level of audiophile you are .. I am a quality whore .. so my hearing are pretty sharp when it comes to sound. I've tried like 5 different brand of headphone, different price range, and end up with a BOSE. It was kind of pricey but it was worth it, got it back in 2003? and still using it to this day ... yes it's a BOSE, let the flame war begin~

Thats the thing should i be spending 200$ when you cant even tell the difference when using it on a shitty ipod. I was told once to have an amp attached to my ipod to make it worth it. I said fuck that shit.

i heard sennhaise is a little weak on bass, unless ur spending $400

i head good things about Grado. only cons are they are a bit uncomfortable and a little bit of sound leak beause so open in the back.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
I thought my HD555's bass was quite good. And I have never heard any other HD555 owners speak poorly of its bass quality.

How much are you looking to spend? You can't find better bang for your buck then the HD555. For under a $100 its got great quality, very comfortable, and is very durable. Not to mention when it does break its "ghetto fix" friendly and easy to keep together and operable.

im gonan go to bay bloor radio with remy to look at headphones on sat