47: need new kick ass headphones

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
willing to spend up to $200. mic not needed, gonna get a separate. i want sennhaiser.

are wireless any good? probably heavy ?

plz help

noise canceling? i can spend a bit more if i have to

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
Wireless audio is Bullshit IMO,
I bought Zalman ZM-RS6F they are true 5.1, not "virtual" shit.
They go for about $50 on eBay new.

I would suggest Bose headphones over Sennhaiser any day.

You really can't go bad getting anything from turtle beach
http://www.turtlebeach.com/ EDIT: Spinny says they shit nvm.

damm so much choice. can u guys plz tell me what to get. my mind is full of fuck

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
Skullcady used to be good, then they sold out started making shit.

What do you want them to do 47?

Remy

TD Member / Gay Gyoza
sennhaiser ones look sick at bay bloor.

Is there any specs that you look for when buying headsets/headphones?

Also going to hijack this thread a little. Is there any point to spending money on sick headphones if you are using it on an Ipod? or any other type of Music Playing Device?

Spinny

TD Admin / Giant Faggot
LOL skull candy, that is the worst piece of shit ever....

I've had my Turtle Beach Headset for like 3-4 years, I doubt I would buy from them again... quality is not great, and the external soundcard thing is a pos... like 5 buddies bought the same ones, and they have all complained about them, and have switched since then....

I would probably go with a nice pair of Sennheiser

Hinouchi

TD Admin
sennhaiser ones look sick at bay bloor.

Is there any specs that you look for when buying headsets/headphones?

Also going to hijack this thread a little. Is there any point to spending money on sick headphones if you are using it on an Ipod? or any other type of Music Playing Device?

Depends what level of audiophile you are .. I am a quality whore .. so my hearing are pretty sharp when it comes to sound. I've tried like 5 different brand of headphone, different price range, and end up with a BOSE. It was kind of pricey but it was worth it, got it back in 2003? and still using it to this day ... yes it's a BOSE, let the flame war begin~

DrUgZ

TD Admin
Logitech G35 are an awesome gaming headset. they have deep bass and crystal clear sound. I use them with both the built in and a separate mic and just swap in sound manager when I need to.

TurboTaco

TD Admin
Seinhausser is a good make, they have good value for noise-cancelling headphones compare to Bose and they run for a significant less.

Noise-cancelling headphones are pretty fucking stellar if you get a legit set of em. Can't hear anything but the awesomeness of your music/movies/sounds and the bass in most I have used is great.

For $200 you can get a decent pair of em, even Bose possibly

http://www.cnet.com.au/the-sound-of-silence-noise-cancelling-headphones-240054093.htm

what sounds better, open back or noise canceling ?

r3volution

TD Admin
I wouldn't go Bose.

Some other options. Check out head-fi.org for reviews from real audiophiles.

Denon D2000 (I have this pair and I love it - good if you like a little punch with the bass).
AKG 702 (all these headphones sound better with amps, but the AKG is definitely harder to drive without one -- might be a deal breaker if you want something mobile)
Shure 240 or 440.
Grados (this is an open style headphone - lots of sound leak but if the main use of these headphones is in quiet environments, this probably has the best sound quality for the buck.)

HooB.wg

Hacking Faggot
Right now I am using the Audio Technica ATH-M30. Very comfortable and effective pair of headphones. Would also recommend Sennheiser headphones as well. Get what you pay for in my opinion. Skullcandy is an exception, they just suck..