• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

30 hour trip half way around the world

DoubleJumper

TF2 Staff
yeah so i went home this week and the trip was 30 hours.... i live in the philippines and i came home from america... the trip was horrible... any bad trip experiences out there?

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
Flying from Munich to Ottawa. Coach class, in the middle of the plane. DFour seats to a row and I'm stuck in one of the middle seats. Guy on my left is a well dressed Arab who is super-jumpy because he is an Arab on an airplane. Couldn't keep his elbows to himself and snored horribly. Guy on my right was some Chinese dude with breath that smelled like assholes and dead bodies. Every time he opened his mouth to eat, sigh or yawn I wanted to shove a blow torch up my nose and burn my olfactory organs right out of my body.

Me, about 8 months into a bout of sobriety, with a half liter of French red wine in front of me an sorely tempted to try to drink myself into a blissful little coma. And then the baby started crying. Oh yeah, and the stewardesses were not all that hot and seemed kind of crusty when they go to serve my row of the suspected terrorist and Death Breath from China.

A far cry from my trip through the volcanic ash where the planes were half empty so me and a few other dudes found empty row and slept across 3 - 4 seats. That was one hell of a ride.

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
My last flight to Zurich, Switzerland... get to the gate at YYZ... notice tons of turbans everywhere. Find out that there is a flight out of Zurich going to Mumbai India... my plane is full of 100+ wild pakis. The smell... oh god.

:feelscry:

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
I was 11/12 and went on a 3 Month trip to New Zealand to visit some family with my mum.
Flight was like 26/28 hours, had to stop off at Hong Kong Airport both ways.

Only bad thing about it was being that young and stuck on a plane for so long.
Food was shit, and I was bored as hell.
There's only so many times you can re-watch bad Airplane TV shows on repeat.

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
My last flight to Zurich, Switzerland... get to the gate at YYZ... notice tons of turbans everywhere. Find out that there is a flight out of Zurich going to Mumbai India... my plane is full of 100+ wild Low Budgets. The smell... oh god.

:feelscry:
Don't you love how stench on airplanes has nowhere to go but up your nose?
:dontwanttofeel:

$alvador

TD Member
Who knows how many times I was raped.

loool questions best left unanswered :p

i've flown transatlantic at least a dozen times both ways (no homo) and fortunately never had any really painful experiences, the whole experience is kind of shit overall I mean it's hard not to get cabin fever when you're locked in a fucking box hurtling through the atmosphere for that length of time.

i had to pay an extortion fee just to get out of the shitty mayan-themed airport in el salvador, which sucked, but fortunately it wasn't a lot of dolo.

oh, almost got strip searched in Cuba. you know those bulky gray tags they staple to clothes at places like Winners to prevent you from walking out the exit without setting off those magnetic gates? Yea, turns out they actually use them shits to flag travelers for random searches in Cuba. I had no fucking idea, so when I found the tag on my bag I just tore it off and made my merry way through the gates no probs. A member of my party was not so blissfully ignorant and so my buddy and I had to wait for him in the airport lobby for about two hours. Fortunately the airport had a baseball game on every screen in the lobby instead of actual, you know, flight information. When my strip-searched mate finally emerged from behind the frosted glass he looked a shambles, just as I opened my mouth he said "i don't want to talk about this, EVER". never seen him so livid.

i also got flagged for a customs search last time i got back to Canada which was really fucking annoying, fortunately still had some charge left in my ballin LG flip phone so I was able to text my buddy and let him know I would be indefinitely delayed while the five south east asian gentlemen ahead of me had their cardboard boxes of freeze-dried fish checked, not to mention the various arab families carrying more personal luggage than a fucking shiek. I made a point of complaining loudly to the only other white guy in line, to which the response was designating me a personal handler to placate me.