• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

Ban appeal

ARCHTOP

I'm New Here
Name When Banned: ARCHTOP
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40519808
Game: Team Fortress 2
Server: DARKLY | Toronto TF2 Trade/Idle #2 | darklytrade.com (I think)
Ban Reason: Admin annoyance

State your case: So the admin banned me for destroying/airblasting him off random dispencers, yet in his own words he said (something along the lines of) "if its on the battlefield buildings can be destroyed".
Although the main reason he banned me was for destroying any despencer he was on top of, on the battle field.

Sir X:

TF2 Staff | UberLag
While yes, it is true that dispensers n stuff can be destroyed on the server regardless of who built them; there is something else you failed to neglect to mention: At the time when I was on the server, whenever I would try to use the mic, you and some other players on the server had a tendency to interrupt me , regardless of how well my voice was being transmitted to others(at the time my mic levels were fine, so therefore it must've been something I was unaware of or some players settings weren't configured right). I also asked of you to not air-blast me at least once or twice, as I find that annoying when I'm minding my own business(believe me, I tried to go into friendly mode to attempt the air-blast, suffice to say, friendly is not as air-blast proof as I thought it was), and on top of that, you failed to heed my instructions. Sure who doesn't like having fun; but when the admin asks you to stop doing something that's either A: Breaking server rules or B: Doing something that's annoying the living piss out of them; especially when the said admin is also trying to have some fun with the current server population, it's best to stop annoying the admin and listen to instructions. But as I recall, I asked/requested of you to stop, and you continued to do so. As I recall(though yeah my tone of voice at the time wasn't appropriate of me and I apologize for said tone), I asked you to not air-blast me, and you got snippy with me a bit too and counter asked me "Can you not stand on the dispenser?"

The last thing you want to do to any admin is get snippy with them; regardless of who they are. It's always best to listen to an admin when they give you an instruction, and you failed to heed my instructions constantly after I asked/requested of you to stop. And even though I lost connection a couple of times(one due to a random temp power outage, the other actual internet connection loss), and rejoined the server, you continued to be quite the pest and due the things that I told you not to do. And as such, I gave you just punishment. Your ban was placed at one week. Does that seem a bit excessive for being an annoyance? Possibly. But still the fact remains, when an admin tells you to stop doing something, and you continue to due so, you should take the hint and stop, and receive just punishment for your actions. And yes, as previously said, a week ban does seem like overkill, you should take this as a hint to possibly listen to admins when they tell you to stop doing what you're doing that's annoying them.

Plus in some slight form of brutal honesty, I believe at one point you said: "I honestly don't care if I get banned. I'm just here to have fun"; or something close to that. If you didn't care about getting banned, then why did you even bother making a ban appeal? I understand every player has a right to make an appeal after they've been banned for whatever reason, but with those words coming out of your mouth, and then this appeal popping up on the forums, I honestly can't fit these puzzle pieces together.

Even though it's not up to me, I suggest you remained banned until it expires, or at the least, reduce the ban(if that's possible via forums); just enough to where it makes you wake up and realize that when an admin gives you instructions, follow them or suffer the consequences.

ARCHTOP

I'm New Here
1. I was only expecting to be banned for around 1 hour to 1 day, in which case I didn't care but 1 week sounds excessive
2. I wasn't being snippy I was fucking around (when you said can you stop airblasting me i thought it funny and said can you stop being on the despencer)
I had no malice when I said it
3. I had to cut you off (talk when you were talking) because your argument was complete bs and was not in the server rules,
while it does say "If an Admin instructs you to stop camping, plant the bomb, not team attack, swaps you to a different team, or not use a map exploit you must obey." I do not see where it says I have to be a friendly and stop destroying stuff that's on the battlements at your command.
if you wanted to dance on top of a despencer why not just build outside where I cant annoy you like you did at first, instead of building where I can annoy you?

Thanatos

TD Member
giphy.gif

Sir X:

TF2 Staff | UberLag
Regardless, when an admin tells you to stop doing something, use some common sense and STOP whatever you're doing, regardless if its in the server rules or not. And when is it funny to annoy an admin? I can recall MULTIPLE events in the past where similar players such as yourself have found it entertaining to walk up to an admin, and do anything and I truly mean anything just to annoy the daylights out of them. I did my duty and made sure to give you a warning, hoping you would get the hint. But as since you failed to do so, I gave you as said, some due yet also excessive punishment.

And as a staff member, I like to have fun with others players. Normally that said fun is doing what I was doing, getting on a dispenser, dancing around having a good time. It's not as fun to be outside dancing by my lonesome because it's a COMMUNITY server, where everyone is supposed to have fun together, and being it Trade Plaza, also trade. And being an admin, I can take the fun to the next level as I deem fit with what admin abilities I have, and making sure I don't get too carried away with said powers. You don't have to be friendly, this is true, and anything or anyone is fair game outside the spawn room doors. It became clear after a while that you purposely started doing stuff to annoy me for your own personal pleasure, which in turn resulted in you getting the ban that has been placed on you. But as said already, if me and/or another admin ask you to stop doing something; regardless if it's breaking a server rule or just doing something to annoy the shit out of an admin regardless of what it is, just use some common sense and just stop doing whatever you're doing; because as you've already experienced, it does not go well; and can result in a temp ban.

My previous still stands, if you're breaking server rules, or doing something to annoy an admin, use your brain and just stop whatever it is you're doing. And the ban should still be in effect until it wears off or it's time can be lowered via forums. I've made my point and said my 2 cents on why you shouldn't be unbanned. Now I'm leaving it to the senior staff from here on out, they can decide what to do with your appeal.

ARCHTOP

I'm New Here
so you are allowed to have fun with others but no one is allowed to have fun with you? also i wasn't just pushing you, i was pushing everyone on blue from despencers, you have a victim complex, and you said it yourself, i wasn't breaking any rules.

Sir X:

TF2 Staff | UberLag
giphy.webp

I give up, I literally do. It's not a victim complex. I can have fun with others on the server, and them me. The main point I've been trying to get across that you somehow keep failing to grasp as I've said it multiple times in very similar ways already in previous comments: "WHEN AN ADMIN ASKS YOU TO STOP DOING SOMETHING THAT IS EITHER A: BREAKING SERVER RULES OR B: IS ANNOYING THE ADMIN AND THE ADMIN ASKS YOU TO STOP, YOU SIMPLY STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES!" What you were doing in the server that resulted in your ban may not have been against server rules, but it was personally annoying me, I asked you to stop, and you failed to do so, and you suffered the consequences. If you seriously haven't gotten the point across now, I don't think you ever will.

@Keskele Want to close this please? I've been explaining it as straight as I can to the best of my abilities and apparently the messaged hasn't been received.

ARCHTOP

I'm New Here
"oh no this guy is AIRBLASTING me having fun, better kill the mood and demand he stops otherwise he will be banned for 1 week"

Rei

Senior TF2 Admin
:popcorn:what is this shit? since when did arguing with trolls become our way to handle things?

TLDR; is this ban permanent or temp, and for how long?

@ARCHTOP
@Sir X:

You didnt even post in the right section

Last edited:

Sir X:

TF2 Staff | UberLag
@Rei It's temporary, and only for a week. And if you can close this too that would be superb please and thank you.

Rei

Senior TF2 Admin
Here's the deal. Ban is gone, don't fuck with Sir x again. Message received I hope or I will be dealing with this personally. You have me on steam so let me know if there are any further issues sir x.

/Thread

I just saved each of yall time so go drink some water and chill the fuck out.