Battlefield 1

Carns

TD Admin
EA/Dice released the first trailer for Battlefield 1 today, about an hour ago. They're taking us back to World War I, with whatever spin they decide to go with. It looks a little interesting, some of the areas/scenes/maps could be interesting, but you know... EA.

Thoughts? Opinions? Hopes? Dreams?

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Straight movie hype. I need to see game and gameplay. These pre-rendered movies that are labelled as trailers make me sick. I trust ZERO game devs out there.

That said, the amount of playtime I've gotten out of Battlefield the last few years has far surpassed all other games I own, period. So, chances are I'll be buying. I just need to see the actual game to make sure it's not another Hardline sneak-scam.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rei

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Straight movie hype. I need to see game and gameplay. These pre-rendered movies that are labelled as trailers make me sick. I trust ZERO game devs out there.

That said, the amount of playtime I've gotten out of Battlefield the last few years has far surpassed all other games I own, period. So, chances are I'll be buying. I just need to see the actual game to make sure it's not another Hardline sneak-scam.

EA/DICE admitting CoD's once a year game release plan is shit and that they won't try to do it anymore, really gives me hope. I was reading a dev blog where he was basically shitting on Hardline looool.

There is nothing but blind hype and hate before game release. Its time to throw the dice(pun intended) Buckshot Jr. Buy day one and play with all the TD bros and doobs/bucky and risk wasting $60($70? $80?) on what could be a shitty EA game OR continue to do what I do, and continue to play a game or games you don't even like that much lol.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
EA/DICE admitting CoD's once a year game release plan is shit and that they won't try to do it anymore, really gives me hope. I was reading a dev blog where he was basically shitting on Hardline looool.

There is nothing but blind hype and hate before game release. Its time to throw the dice(pun intended) Buckshot Jr. Buy day one and play with all the TD bros and doobs/bucky and risk wasting $60($70? $80?) on what could be a shitty EA game OR continue to do what I do, and continue to play a game or games you don't even like that much lol.
For sure, and that's why I say I'll most likely be buying. I'm really glad I exercised caution with Hardline. Whaaaaaaaaat a scam. My bro bought it and was luckily able to return it for a full refund after I advised him to get a hold of EA.

I just want to see what it's all about. If it's a full release, I'm pretty much in as I'm still having fun with BF4. What you say is right - with the bro's is all that matters, and bucky, Doobs and I will be there.

Carns

TD Admin
I've been on the fence about it. I may wait until they do the beta before I make a final decision. I've got friends that I've known for years that are very interested in it since it's gone back to WWI, plus there seems to be a lot of interest with some of the TD guys. The more that I ask, the more likely it seems I'll be buying it.

Definitely looking forward to actual gameplay footage though, very interested in seeing how it plays out.