Overwatch Open Beta Early Access Key

Khârn the Betrayer

DARKLY Regular
So the Open Beta Early Access started. I got a spare key for it as none of my friend's wanted it :feelsbad:

1 friend did ask if you had to own the game to be able to use the key. /shrug

Any takers?

I guess it'll be more or less first come first serve. Unless I think you're a cunt.

Carns

TD Admin
I believe the Open Beta for general public consumption starts tomorrow, while those who pre-ordered have access a couple of days before hand. Either way, I'm looking forward to trying it out, because I'm uncertain it's even my thing.

PS. Thana-tossed-salad is a cunt <3

Thanatos

TD Member
Installed and played this yesterday (after fighting with Blizzard's support website for an hour to get hold of a Game Master to remove the authenticator off my account since I hadn't logged in to Battle.net in over 2 years) and it was pretty cool.

It does have a certain TF2 feel to it in that it has Control Point and Payload game modes, but there's 3 times as many classes all with wildly different abilities to make it a very different game. I confess to not having done enough research on the game itself to know if it's a worthy successor to the TF2 type game but a couple hours worth of play has me optimistic so far.

Now I just wonder how long it takes for the game to be ruined by skins, unusual effects, legendaries with +3 to mana and a pay to win microeconomy.

Khârn the Betrayer

DARKLY Regular
So I spent A LOT of time just messing about against bots, trying out all the classes, seeing which ones I really like and shit. I did some quick matches earlier and the people it stuck me with were all like level 1~8 right, and there's me on 1 team at level fucking 17 looking way out of place.

I knew this was gonna be bad and sure enough the Hollywood map comes up on the second game and we're attacking. We get to the point and there's a turret from the dwarf, yeah ok no big deal, I go round the back of the building to flank and there's a second fucking turret and a third on the balcony. Not only did they have 3 dwarf guys but a Bastion too and that support lady who can make the mini turrets which she had spammed all around the control point.

Fucking dustbowl all over again :fffeel:

Thanatos

TD Member
I haven't come across the complete turtle yet myself but with 5 out of 6 slots taken up by sentries that leaves them completely susceptible to long range or the frozen chicks ice walls to just block them off and have the team walk right past.

Khârn the Betrayer

DARKLY Regular
Yeah that's true. These early games are gonna be tough though as hardly any new players want to play Tank/Support. This is why I love Roadhog, with the fat heal from his E and landing those hooks and 1 shotting the low health classes is so satisfying.

Thanatos

TD Member
Yeah, with it only being 6v6 having balanced classes in a match and working together is huge. Two things that don't usually happen with drop in type games.

Carns

TD Admin
This is why I love Roadhog, with the fat

Snip! Or because you're a chubby chaser. There's a place in this world for everyone, don't be ashamed!

This game is tough with randoms, especially those that are newer than yourself. A few of us ended up playing for a couple of hours after the pub died out, and we got rolled pretty much game after game, with the exception of like... 2-3 matches. But those game down to last second/OT pushes to Victory.