CSGO 10mans 2015?

thewhaleman

TD Admin
Maybe not a great idea to make teams so fast. I feel like that's a quick way for things to fall apart. Picking teams in mumble, gym class style worked. We didn't have to worry about who was and wasn't there, we didn't have to worry about 1 team being crazy stacked, and it really didn't take that much time at all. It might be a good idea to get a list of people who want to be captain early though.

The maps we selection we need to work on, either we stick with the veto system I suggested and execute it a little better, or we full out rando the maps. Carn was right "a straight up map pool to pick from". Then again we could just use Egon ;D

Also might be a good idea to come up with a plan to deal with extra people. We didn't have enough for 4 teams, but we have to many for 2 teams. This was the biggest issue. Do we tell'em to bug off? Do we turn the 10 man into something like an 16 man? First come first serve? Do we aggressively look for more people to make 4 teams? Almost certain that someone is going to have to leave.

Glad I'm not running this shit :D

Carns

TD Admin
I was thinking more along the lines of keeping the gym class style team selection, not so much having pre-registered teams (at least for now, could be open to it in the future). First 10 to commit would be a lock for the first couple of matches, everyone after that could be fill-ins or on hold while we gather enough for another couple of teams. If we constantly have between 2 and 4 teams, we could do the honorable thing and let everyone get a turn. IE, if I play this weeknd, I don't have first dibs the next unless I'm on top of a waiver wire system..

I was also thinking a map veto system like used on LAN events. I think Whaleman mentioned this before, A veto, B veto, B pick, A pick, random map from remaining, sides determined by knife round. Could just assign them number and use a random number generator or something.

amanshotme

TD Member
Hmm just a thought. We can try and get 2 teams to start (ie 10 people). Any newcomers will be part of a bench until we have enough for 3 teams. We keep on adding people this way until we have the number of people we need.

The bench will work like Carns described before. If someone can't make it a weekend, someone from the bench can take their place. Of course everyone is invited to the Mumble or watch from a stream or something, so they won't feel left out.

An alternate idea is to have people sub out every half?

When you're available @E|ement^ #Torontogaming , let's see how the server is running. I am pretty much free Mon-Sun this week.

EDIT:

So I have a map pool drafted for the 10 man server. Tell me what you think:

dust2
season
cache
inferno
train
mirage
egon
lost temple

Last edited:

MetalLobster

TD Admin
When are you guys planning to play next? I can help with admin/organization or fill in as a backup.

I don't think egon as 5v5 map is a good idea...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

amanshotme

TD Member
When are you guys planning to play next? I can help with admin/organization or fill in as a backup.

I don't think egon as 5v5 map is a good idea...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Depends on when @E|ement^ #Torontogaming gets back to me, still need to setup the map pool and plugins on the server. The goal is this weekend 25/26, but hey, since we have our own server, let's try it every weekend bishes.

On Egon, that and lost temple are the "fun maps". I would seriously like to see what goes on 5v5 egon lol. I can replace it with another map if it goes horribly wrong. I would definitely like two maps from the pool not be on the competitive roster. If you have any other ideas for cool maps, give your opinions here. Maybe @thewhaleman can remake some of those old TD maps ehhh??

E|ement^ #Torontogaming

DARKLY Regular
I was thinking contra or frost or nightfever
Aman pm me and we'll either meet on mumble or you cal call me and we'll do it over the phone. Sorry been super busy at work last few days.. omw home now. Going to AIDS it up on the pub.. I need to shoot heads! @Thanatos didn't finish me off last night... left me blueballing in the alley behind @HappySticks™ place.

I ended up splooging all over @Carns and he licked it up and liked it!

nb

DARKLY Regular
Whoever is doing the server cfg (sorry a bit lost here :P) could you add this to the cfg?:

sv_staminalandcost 0
sv_staminajumpcost 0

:D

thewhaleman

TD Admin
Contra is fun, but everyone always complains about it, nightfever is one of my favorite maps, I'd suggest banning some OP boosts though if we go down that route, but frost, everyone knows frost and it's....pretty chill....GET IT?!

Carns

TD Admin
I'll be available all day Sunday and Monday, as well as evening times going forward (after 5PM EST) for the foreseeable future. Just message me or drop an invite or something, I'll drop whatever it is I'm doing and become Patient Zero... err a tester.

Edit: as for maps, I've always liked the older competitive maps. Contra, Mill, Frost, Lost Temple could be fun if I learned the call outs. Those, along with the standard competitive maps mentioned before, would be perfect. If/when they rework Nuke, we could throw that on there as well.