• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

Next level cooling solutions

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
HAF 932 giant side panel fan master race reporting in
Same shit. I have a 200mm on the side, but it's not good enough, nor are 4x120mm if you can stand the noise.

Truth is, mobo's should be putting gpu on top, CPU underneath. It would be way better cabling as well as cooling, given most cases have an open top.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Same shit. I have a 200mm on the side, but it's not good enough, nor are 4x120mm if you can stand the noise.

Truth is, mobo's should be putting gpu on top, CPU underneath. It would be way better cabling as well as cooling, given most cases have an open top.

Cheap old middle grade videocard running shitty settings master race?

My fan keeps my gpu colddd but most games i play could run on integrated gpu lol

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Cheap old middle grade videocard running shitty settings master race?

My fan keeps my gpu colddd but most games i play could run on integrated gpu lol
Lol fair enough, on a not-so-recent, higher grade gpu I'm sure it's fine. I'm a stickler for temps, though, so maybe that's why I complain.

Dean

TD Member
I forgot to mention that you can outright fry your pc by using hvac cooling. Although the air ducts in a home have a special coating on the interior to remove moisture, the air still contains quite a bit of moisture, and your pc doesn't like moitsure.

@nb post a pic of your case, it's internals and each fan you have available.
i have cardboard ducts which help with the moisture absorption, and the bag acts to create condensation before it reaches the pc.

the condensation would only form in the case if the air in the case has high humidity, with this setup it creates a positive pressure vessel and forces all other air out. as cold air has a lower tolerance for humidity so as it heats it lowers the the threshold for any condensation to occur at all. to illustrate it kinda looks like this

33ACFig1.gif

tldr the air conditioner is forcing condensation and dehumidifying the air its providing. as the air travels down the duct/case the air is warmed up it lower's the % of saturation making it rather safe.

cool setup NB,
prob not the first to say this but buy this and install it. and basement ambient air is rather cold, i mostly just did this for the luls
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...g_1-_-Pillars-_-CoolerMaster-Hyper-212-Plus_2

the recent problems i've been having with this cooling setup is with the air conditioner, i need to get a fan or something on the front of it to force air through the condenser and evaporator.
story: i woke up the other day and the compressor was off and the fan was just blowing ambient air into the case :\

Last edited:

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
i have cardboard ducts which help with the moisture absorption, and the bag acts to create condensation before it reaches the pc.

the condensation would only form in the case if the air in the case has high humidity, with this setup it creates ad positive pressure vessel and forces all other air out. as cold air has a lower tolerance for humidity so as it heats it lowers the chance for any condensation to occur at all.
Bill nye!! Whatever works, just hope you're right.

Dean

TD Member
Bill nye!! Whatever works, just hope you're right.
haha, i think there's still some risk of getting water into the computer, the other day some small ice particals were breaking of the AC and blowing into the bag LOL

but ye i only have this cooling thing setup on my backup pc made of old parts :D

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Very cool for avergage heat. It's also bulky and requires a lot of space. I'd be keen to know what they can do with a bigger radiator and better fluid.