CSGO 10mans 2015?

Carns

TD Admin
I probably won't make it this weekend as I plan on being out of the city. If I'm in the city though count me in!
I'm going to like this comment... just to unlike it, you filthy piece of shit.

Sure if we can get enough bodies lol. Scheduling is gonna be a bitch doe.
With regards to a small TD tournament, there are still people who haven't been on the forums in awhile, or that don't visit the forums at all, that would be interested if asked about it. I don't think it would be too difficult to get people to participate. Instead of potentially moving the date/time, we could bench the idea for the next time we do it. Maybe run one weekend a month for the members+regulars, have someone set up a small 10 man server with a password that only participants would know, pending server resources, instead of having to hijack someone else's. This way, we could have one of those scrim mods for a better overall experience.

amanshotme

TD Member
I'm going to like this comment... just to unlike it, you filthy piece of shit.

With regards to a small TD tournament, there are still people who haven't been on the forums in awhile, or that don't visit the forums at all, that would be interested if asked about it. I don't think it would be too difficult to get people to participate. Instead of potentially moving the date/time, we could bench the idea for the next time we do it. Maybe run one weekend a month for the members+regulars, have someone set up a small 10 man server with a password that only participants would know, pending server resources, instead of having to hijack someone else's. This way, we could have one of those scrim mods for a better overall experience.

Yeah, ideas of darkly tournaments have been thrown around in the past, with people bailing at the last moment. System admins such as LB and SJ were kind enough to set up 10man servers but were left unused. If someone has some awesome internets and can host a private server then that would be great, but at the moment I can't ask these guys to waste their time again.

amanshotme

TD Member
Yea it got all hype up, and fr3d had to pull it off at last minute cause of things in life.

Yeah we had a team for that tournament too @Hinouchi . Lack of server setup and Fred's life things killed it quickly. It was actually the failure of that tournament that gave me the idea of setting up 10 mans in the first place lol.

nb

DARKLY Regular
Yeah, ideas of darkly tournaments have been thrown around in the past, with people bailing at the last moment. System admins such as LB and SJ were kind enough to set up 10man servers but were left unused. If someone has some awesome internets and can host a private server then that would be great, but at the moment I can't ask these guys to waste their time again.
How much would "awesome internets" need to be?

amanshotme

TD Member
Gonna be using this site http://loan.synnd.org/ to reserve servers for the night. Personally, writing scripts (if it's possible) which do setup and takedown of a CSGO server wouldn't be a hassle, but I am a not system admin lol.

Last edited:

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
don't be so sure of that steamrolled.
XZYHM.gif

Carns

TD Admin
I'd like to look more into a small, multi-team online tournament within the confines of TD's momma's basement. Maybe a small fee per team/person, TD taking a percentage off the top towards server costs, first place taking a large chunk, second place breaking even. Nothing outrageous, but maybe like $5-10 per head or whatever. Once a month, or every other month.

I'm perfectly fine with benching the idea for now, just to see how this one turns out. I can think of at least another 8 people that could be interested, if asked.

Also, if it's not clear, I'm 100% a go for Saturday night. I seen Happy had me as a maybe. That list is almost three teams, plus we could easily get another one by asking the few non-forum regulars. Make it happen!