• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

Next level cooling solutions

Dean

TD Member
so I made this today...

http://imgur.com/gallery/vl9tM

uaKrbHe.jpg

5Csx9hx.jpg

IFJVYQS.jpg

ThmyvQG.jpg

mNvjLRt.jpg

J8sNixD.jpg

6WkME2y.jpg

CSz0smj.jpg

jDOpVle.jpg

TtkeXgm.jpg

KKHWaAr.jpg

D350gXe.jpg

iDohf61.jpg

ufDoEMU.png

S5MyRVO.png

k4Zw9Hg.jpg

umm yea

Last edited:

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
WTF! Stop mining them bitcoins using the most inefficient way possible... BTW how is your cholesterol?

nb

DARKLY Regular
Did you just direct your home a/c to your computer?
Thats sick... Teach me pls because I'm getting 40 degrees just turning it on :( And I got it physically and virtually cleaned today

Edit: Where do you direct the airflow to? I have an airvent right on top of me (because I'm in my basement)

Last edited:

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I forgot to mention that you can outright fry your pc by using hvac cooling. Although the air ducts in a home have a special coating on the interior to remove moisture, the air still contains quite a bit of moisture, and your pc doesn't like moitsure.

Be very, very careful with that (a.k.a. I don't recommend doing that at all. Dean, you especially because you've got no ducts so it's straight moisture).

@nb post a pic of your case, it's internals and each fan you have available.

Last edited:

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Ok, so I see your case suffers from what 99% of cases suffer from and I call it "right-side mobo syndrome". Why they have an upside down graphics card when the majority of cooling is above it (again, I bitch at ALL manufacturers; even my beloved haf x suffers from this) is beyond me. This means you can achieve good CPU cooling if you buy even a $30 beefy CPU heat sink but your gpu is destined to fry.

Things I would do:
1. Make sure the side of your case (the door you took off for the pics) has a fan blowing into the gpu; make sure it's a good fan and keep that port dust free, often.
2. Move your hard drive as high as it can go (or as low) - either way, create a smooth path from the front of your case [where I'm assuming you've got a front fan taking air in] to your graphics card. This means taking those cables and routing them properly (think behind the mobo tray if you can. If not, zip ties are your friend).
3. Dust out your gpu; you will be mind-fucked how much shit will come out with compressed air blowing through. It's a reference card and what that means is it sucks air in through the one fan and blows across the gpu and exhausts out the back. This is shittier cooling than something aftermarket but keeps the rest of the PC cooler by not blowing its hot exhaust all over the case. You must keep this bitch clean at all costs.
4. Install something like msi afterburner so you can control the gpu fan using a custom fan curve (I've usually had success with 1-to1 temperature vs fan percentage speed up to 50C, then I crank it after that).
5. Move that sub and whatever is behind your PC. You need room all around it (as much as you can) because right now you're just recycling the hot air.
6. Lastly, if you get a decent CPU cooler, make the top fan intake and rear fan exhaust and face the CPU cooler's fan towards the rear in a 'push' configuration.

Reactions: nb