• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

So who are y'all really?

z0mi3ie

TD Member
What do all you guys and girls do before logging into TD at night? Job, hobbies, wives, husbands, kids, etc.

After 8 years of going to school alongside working full time I'm finishing up a computer science degree in May, taking my last three classes right now. Just got accepted into a software development internship so I'll be scrapping the vape shop and just doing the internship while looking at other employment options for after I graduate.

I love to cook dinner for Snickles and I, and we just started watching friends from s01e01 all the way to the end. She's seen them all a thousand times but I never watched it. It's what we do when we are not on TD at night.

So what about you guys?

Sushicutter

TD Admin
So...

People ask me all the time "are you really a sushi chef?" The answer is yes, and no. Yes in a sense that my formal training as a chef took place at a sushi restaurant, and no as in currently I'm not working at a sushi restaurant, but as the head chef at the local brewery. I also do private caterings on the side. Where I am there is only one sushi restaurant, owned by chinese, and they make it a requirement that you speak mandarin so that took me out of the picture.

Other than working and being a try-hard on csgo, the rest of my day is spent with my almost 3 year old daughter watching dora the explorer, and my wife when shes not at school/working.

z0mi3ie

TD Member
So...

People ask me all the time "are you really a sushi chef?" The answer is yes, and no. Yes in a sense that my formal training as a chef took place at a sushi restaurant, and no as in currently I'm not working at a sushi restaurant, but as the head chef at the local brewery. I also do private caterings on the side. Where I am there is only one sushi restaurant, owned by chinese, and they make it a requirement that you speak mandarin so that took me out of the picture.

Other than working and being a try-hard on csgo, the rest of my day is spent with my almost 3 year old daughter watching dora the explorer, and my wife when shes not at school/working.

I love sushi. I've been wondering this for a long time. How long have you been a chef? That sucks about the chinese owned Sushi restaurant. Are you happy being a head chef at a brewery or would you rather be at a sushi restaurant.

Sushicutter

TD Admin
This will be my 9th year working as a cook/chef. 6 1/2 of those years were spent working between 2 different sushi restaurants. Its not bad working at the brewery, pay is decent, steady clientele,and I get to experiment with different kinds of beer as an ingredient in a lot of my recipes

MetalLobster

TD Admin
Yay for Comp. Sci.!

I finished college last year for networking and sys. admin, but was interested in web development and started taking courses for that. I'm not quite sure what I'll do when I'm done, but I have options, which is nice.

Other than that, I run, watch hockey, play games, and watch a bunch of TV shows when I'm supposed to be doing my assignments :D

snickles

TD Member
So zombie obviously knows me, but you all want me to talk more so here goes...
I decorate cakes for a living, (and you've all seen some of them in the forums already....) and I :loveit:. Only since July of 2013... before cakes, I was a dental assistant for 6+ years.
Zombie and I live together, since October, in New Hampshaaa, and this is the second love of my life, Noah smile 2.png :D

z0mi3ie

TD Member
Yay for Comp. Sci.!

I finished college last year for networking and sys. admin, but was interested in web development and started taking courses for that. I'm not quite sure what I'll do when I'm done, but I have options, which is nice.

Other than that, I run, watch hockey, play games, and watch a bunch of TV shows when I'm supposed to be doing my assignments :D
Networking, Sys Admin, plus web programming skills makes you a solid contender for a lot of jobs! Tons of options. Grats on finishing school last year dude.

What shows do you watch? We just started Better Call Saul, new season of Walking Dead, and working through all of Friends on netflix.

MetalLobster

TD Admin
Networking, Sys Admin, plus web programming skills makes you a solid contender for a lot of jobs! Tons of options. Grats on finishing school last year dude.

What shows do you watch? We just started Better Call Saul, new season of Walking Dead, and working through all of Friends on netflix.

Yeah, lots of jobs that require 2-5 years of experience that I don't have :feelscry:
Currently watching Arrow, The Flash, Agent Carter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and waiting for next season of Game of Thrones :waiting:

E|ement^ #Torontogaming

DARKLY Regular
Im an exterminator, aka Pest Control Tech. big techie, make moonshine and beer, if im not slaughtering innocent rodents or cockroaches or bedbugs. I troll forums like a boss. mountain biking in the summer. Learning my craft and new things everyday.

single and lovin' it!, studied massage therapy for a bit. working on getting my A+ certification.

@MetalLobster hoar yourself out after college to any company that will hire you just for the "experience" or do free lance work and build a portfolio. or just give them the clamps!

amanshotme

TD Member
Also a Comp sci student who likes to cook in their spare time. Interned at IBM last year and now back at school to finish up 1.5 years of courses.

Noob.

TD Member
I graduated from university with a degree in kinesiology last April. I originally was going to pursue a teaching degree, but decided that that's not what I wanted to do at this point. I may or may not return to teaching later in life. I'm currently working in quality control for a pipe fabrication shop where most of our stuff ends up in the oil sands. I'm also pursuing jobs in the utilities field, either natural gas or electric to be one of the field workers that makes sure everything runs smoothly to your house.

When I'm not working or playing csgo I enjoy reading, watching hockey, and playing sports. Currently playing hockey, basketball and volleyball on various nights of the week, and I'm waiting for nicer weather for ultimate frisbee to start back up. I also spend a fair bit of time with my nutball golden retriever.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Hi, My names Steve or $tve although you will hear people refer to me as scumbag steve:scumbag: I'm not really a scumbag, I was however angsty teen back when I started playing on TD back in the end of 2006. The original TD american, I have done my best to shape these Canadians views of us :excellent:. Finally made it up last summer to partyhard with the Toronto bros.

Me: 25 from Minneapolis, Minnesota. Working as Lead Dell Tech for a hardware broker/refurbisher. I work on Dell and supermicro servers along with Dell MD Storage, Compellent, Equallogic, and EMC Storage. Studying for my CCNA and Security+ certs.

Games: currently relapsed and starting playing WoW again(WARLORDS OF DRAENOR IS SO COOL GUYS), CS:GO, WarZ on occasion, and Dota2

Sushicutter

TD Admin
I forgot Steve was in Minnesota. I was in Duluth a little over 4 months ago on a promotional trip with the brewco lol

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
I'm a Home and Leisure colleague at my local Asda (Wal-Mart subsidiary). Just working there for a bit of easy money for now until I figure out what I actually want to do with my life.

I trained at an ICT Apprenticeship for 6 months and gained a College qualification along with 4 MTAs that are probably irelevant by now...
Once that was over I struggled getting a job in the field, the course was more like a paid college course. 20 of us in a room sat at computers learning the stuff we needed to pass.
After a year or so I decided to cave and go for my current job instead of staying unemployed.
Honestly I dont even know if I want to get into computer work anymore so I'm just seeing how my life goes.

Before the apprenticeship I did one year of A Levels before dropping out to take said apprenticeship.

Other than my work i dont really get out much other than the occasional friday night antics with some friends.

My free time is basically spent playing games or binge watching shows...recently Ive got back into Breaking Bad and have finally reached the last season.
I tend to take long breaks while watching shows where i just decide i dont want to watch them anymore. It took me a year to carry on with Breaking Bad and I've still only seen 3/4 episodes of Walking Dead.

Long story short I'm a lazy fuck who is working a job he doesn't want to do but doesnt have any idea what to actually do with his life.
Hey!

Edit: Also I'm 21 this year and people are still mistaking me for a 15-17 year old. Sometimes 18 if I'm lucky.
The life of a baby faced Brit.

BOT Snake

TD Admin
Your tax dollars pay my salary, even when I take a shit at work.
Do you pay taxes with your salary that was paid in tax dollas? Does this mean that a portion of your salary is paid by yourself? So you kind of pay yourself to poop at work.