de_secretproject

thewhaleman

TD Admin
My old schedule for the map is out the window, I am back to work slaving away so my time becomes weird. However progress is being made.

Next Update: Sometime in February I think...

This update will include:

Layout changes to mid
Lighting fixes
More details to level
Better stairs
Removing elevator.
Changes position of "aphy was here"
Other small changes

and...

Seeing as this is my first map I was going to make mistakes, this is very apparent at bomb site B. In theory it should work but in game it fails hard, giving the terrorist a huge advantage. So to stop those pesky terrorist scum I've made a new changes.

ImJXvfm.jpg
(This is still in development, might change by time v3 gets released)

By replacing the ladder with a ramp I've made it easier for CTs to control upper and B offices. New hidy holes for CTs will also make it harder for terrorist scum to plant that bomb on a bomb site that has been moved over. There are other changes but you'll have to wait for the next update.

thewhaleman

TD Admin
De_notAnotherSecretProject D:

Hey!

With de_midnight soon reaching its final stages, I have decided to roll out the next project! I'm not one hundred percent sure why, but for some weird reason I want your help again! However things are going to be a little different/easier?

Right now my secret project is on the workshop! However only my friends can view this workshop page. So at all you have to do is subscribe and it will all be automatically updated with the power of magic. Neeto right? However you might be asking "Is this noob going to put our names in the map again?". The answer is probably. Which brings me to my next thing...

Want your name in the map!?
Of course you do, I will be updating this post with information about the next test date. Be sure to have me as a friend on steam, and to be subscribed to the private map link. From there we'll all get together on a date, and you can tell me how much I suck at map making! If you contribute even the smallest suggestion that makes sense, your name will appear in the map! Because you helped! Hell even if you stay quite the whole time and just say "this is good", you'll probably end up somewhere.

If you already have me as a friend, or adding me as a friend, hit me up if you want to be included on the private tests. So I can bug you on that day.

Note: the amount you suggests doesn't mean you get an amazing spot in the map, your name has to make sense in the context I put it in.

------------------------

testers
------------------------

Thanatos

Current version

-----------------------------------------------Workshop Link-----------------------------------------------
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=389722887
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note you have to add me on steam to see the map, sorry, my profile!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/thewhaleman/

Name: de_itsGoingToBeASurprise

Version:
1.0b

Details:
This is the first version of the map made public, so it's not pretty in any regard. However it has the general layout done, however B site is not done. I would like input on the general layout, and any concerns that you might see. Seeing as the bots are bugged at the moment, you wont really be able to test it with bots...Anyways.. I've done some things I personally have never seen in other maps, so a lot of things might not stay around because they simply don't work...

Known Issues:
- B site is not finished
- You can get on top of stuff you probably shouldn't be allowed to get on top of.
- Missing terrorist
- Missing Counter Terrorists

EDIT:

Also de_midnight v3 is now out.

637x358.resizedimage
637x358.resizedimage
637x358.resizedimage
637x358.resizedimage
637x358.resizedimage

P.S. Those who are not in de_midnight yet, I promise you I am working on it! Also I lied, your name will probably be added in one of the last updates to the map, I want to fix the layout before focusing on visuals, sorry :(

Last edited:

BOT Snake

TD Admin
Haven't tried the map with the modifications. But has someone mentioned that it's kind of hard to get out of CT spawn to rush? Feels too close to other CTs. Need some personal space.

thewhaleman

TD Admin
Haven't tried the map with the modifications. But has someone mentioned that it's kind of hard to get out of CT spawn to rush? Feels too close to other CTs. Need some personal space.

Yeah, spawns are an issue, currently I can do much because I don't want to mess up the timings. However I might expand the current CT spawn so I can make some space, and keep the timings correct. Next update I promise ;)

With that being said....

De_midnight_beta updated

-CT spawn bug fixed
-Hopefully no more crash on the first time downloading?!

De_NotAnotherSecretProject Updated

-B site beta is now implemented
-T spawn corrected
-CT spawn corrected
-Clips added to remove any confusion on where you can/can't go

De_NotAnotherSecretProject first test scheduled for
Sunday, 2/15/2015
Be there, or don't and hurt my feelings.

Roach

TD Admin
There's a glitch on this mao where if someone is standing on the shelves in the back right of b (from t side) they show up as a massive ghost image in the sky above t spawn. Its neat.

thewhaleman

TD Admin
There's a glitch on this mao where if someone is standing on the shelves in the back right of b (from t side) they show up as a massive ghost image in the sky above t spawn. Its neat.

If it's "neat" that means it's a feature! :D

( Glitch is caused from my horrible sky box location. Glitch noted, and will be fixed version 4 )

thewhaleman

TD Admin
De_NotAnotherSecretProject Updated for today.
-Small map changes
-Small bug fixes
-I think radar should work for everyone now

Sundays test is over

edit: First time loading the map might crash your game, tell me if it does, I'm trying to figure out this issue that keeps happening. I suspect it's something to do with the way I am compiling the maps.

Last edited:

thewhaleman

TD Admin
Due to illness and not having a headset at the moment I am cancelling the test tomorrow. With this being said the map has been updated anyways with what I have got. There is a lot missing from this version, including a squeaky door, because all good maps have squeaky doors right?

quLjopA.gif

( version 2,3,5,6. Note version 1 might be lost forever and version 4 didn't change much )

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=389722887

If you have suggestions or question I will still be around tomorrow! I am also fine with testing it privately with you if you want to point out stuff I have to fix. However typing to multiple people at once seems like a nightmare.

EDIT: Note main changes are T side outside area.

de Midnight
Update coming soon, I just finished building a new computer. In all honesty my old computer couldn't handle the demand of de_midnight and it's complexities. New computer is showing much promise. Expect bigger CT spawn, giant CT bug fix, and some other small changes. Hopefully soon I can push for a finished version.

Last edited:

thekostar

TD Member
Due to illness and not having a headset at the moment I am cancelling the test tomorrow. With this being said the map has been updated anyways with what I have got. There is a lot missing from this version, including a squeaky door, because all good maps have squeaky doors right?

quLjopA.gif

( version 2,3,5,6. Note version 1 might be lost forever and version 4 didn't change much )

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=389722887

If you have suggestions or question I will still be around tomorrow! I am also fine with testing it privately with you if you want to point out stuff I have to fix. However typing to multiple people at once seems like a nightmare.

EDIT: Note main changes are T side outside area.

de Midnight
Update coming soon, I just finished building a new computer. In all honesty my old computer couldn't handle the demand of de_midnight and it's complexities. New computer is showing much promise. Expect bigger CT spawn, giant CT bug fix, and some other small changes. Hopefully soon I can push for a finished version.
Happy birthday whaleman !!
And I love your map buddy! Lots of fun!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

thewhaleman

TD Admin
No test today, next scheduled test:​
15th of march
This will be more then likely the last private test before I go forward and ask larger communities for feedback.
Your early criticism have really helped :)​

E9VjNBa.jpg

For shits and giggles, the next update will have proper lighting ( Note when I add brighter textures things wont be as dark )

If anyone is wondering de_midnight update will be soon, I am having some small troubles with balancing, but plan to push an update. I'm shooting for sometime this week, but who knows how much free time I will get.

thewhaleman

TD Admin
de_notanothersecretproject updated for tomorrow.
( Note, lighting is not done, deal with it )

de_midnight_beta update postponed due to me being lazy. To make up for it here are some teasers of v4.

F7hlF3V.jpg

Ct spawn a bit bigger so noobs who take forever to buy can be avoided.
L9x0atq.jpg

Above ground parking garage replaces underground parking garage for T spawn, makes it feel more like nightfever. ( not done )

V4 is the second last layout change, v5 will be more focused on finishing the map visually, and skybox. I also think I figured out why it crashes for people on the first download, looking into the problem, blame valve.

thewhaleman

TD Admin
de_notanothersecretproject v9 released
Large changes to A, B site completely changed and not finished, Lower changes, A long changes, and CT spawn changes. In other words, I changed almost everything except outside.

Note: Because the large amounts of changes, I didn't have time to properly finish B. It'll most likely be based off of the old version of B. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:

thewhaleman

TD Admin
de_notanothersecretproject v9.1 released

Includes an actual lower. CT still don't have a buy zone, to buy bizons, bunch of small fixes. blahblahblah. Version 10 will be made public so no more testing on darkly. If people show interest I'll run a test tomorrow ( sunday ). Last chance to tell me how bad I am at making maps.

Ne7H9t1.jpg

Neet look at all the changes I've made from play testing and feedback either in Sunday test or private messages.

De_midnight beta has also been pushed back so I can port maps for noobs.

MMMM dat triple post tho'