TF2 Magically Uninstalling

Ok this has happened 3 times now and I don't have any clue why. TF2 randomly uninstalls itself and the only solution that I find that works is just having to re install the game. Have any of you had this problem and if you have please tell me if there is a better solution.

DARKLY | Pixar's Ham

DARKLY Regular
show your computer who's the alpha
throwing-pc-gif.gif

Dan!

DARKLY Regular
No my tf2 saved data is in my C: Drive which is in my computer.
Then I don't know, hard-drive could be flakey. My external was broken and wouldn't connect through my computer a while ago so maybe your hard-drive is not sending certain info it is supposed to.

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
*SARCASM* Don't run your cheats. The auto-it script that got leaked after the CS:GO pro bans does a server side check to see if you paid and if not ran an uninstall sequence. I'm guessing the same would be true for TF2 cheats. *SARCASM*

If you think it's a failing hard disk you can check its SMART status if its been made in the last 10 years. You should also check the integrity of the game cache from steam.

Last edited:
The error I received when trying to run it was (gameinfo.txt doesn't exist in subdirectory.) The game and all of its files were still on my hard drive it is not synced up or connected with steam.