• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

Alcoholism: where's the line?

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
Just interested in people's opinion about alcoholism.

Where's the "line"?

drinking everyday? Drinking only to get pissed?

Maybe you have a different suggestion, please share!

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
This is tough because I'm proud to say I've never needed booze. I guess that's 'my line'? There's been times when I had to say no (driving, had to work the next day etc.) and that's really easy. So perhaps I just haven't approached the line yet?

I think I'm a bad example because I always have beer and various whiskeys in the house and do not drink unless I have company on the weekends or I go out on weekends...

Thanatos

TD Member
Depends on how much you're drinking every day? If you're having 1-2 drinks in the evening I would hardly consider that alcoholism.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
Getting drunk every day is considered alcoholism in my books, but if you have drink or two, I don't see an issue.

Freak

DARKLY Regular
I consider it to be when you are dependent on it in order to get yourself through the day, whatever that may be.

Any kind of substance usage becomes a problem when you cannot go a day without it.

MetalLobster

TD Admin
Anything beyond drinking for pleasure or celebration are red flags for alcoholism IMHO.

A glass of wine to go with your dinner, a glass of whiskey on the side while you read, tequila to celebrate a promotion are all fine in my books.

excalibur

DARKLY Regular
Damn line keeps moving when trying to walk on it :feelsbad:

Its not drinking every night i would say its a getting hammered every night.

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
The doc was saying 2 drinks a day or more then 10 a week. I think that the line

Last edited:

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
Ive had a feqw too many beer tooday can't reallty giver a good thought... will post in the morning.

Rams

TD Admin
I don't like the taste of beer but Corona I would choose, Can't drink alcohol every day though. Mostly chilling with friends or a party I will drink.

amanshotme

TD Member
I don't like the taste of beer but Corona I would choose, Can't drink alcohol every day though. Mostly chilling with friends or a party I will drink.

Love the taste of beer. Yeah it's a really expensive habit so I limit it to holidays or when eating a good steak.

Sushicutter

TD Admin
alcohol has always been a part of my life... back when i was a kid my grandparents would give me a shot of brandy whenever i had a sore throat :shrug: now that I'm all grown up I'm currently the chef at the local brewery

Alcoholism is where you have to drink all the time just so you can live with your life. I have met a few people who needed to be "buzzed" all of the time because they could not deal with their lives. It's very sad to see people in that state, makes me very thankful that no one in my major family is like that.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
i like the initial buzz. after 2 drinks, you get diminishing results. hate the feeling of being too drunk, prefer light buzz throughout he day. in the last 10 years, i have not drank only on hangover days.

Dissident

A Little Darkly
Alcoholism: When if you have alcohol around the house it must be drunk immediately, when beer doesn't do it for you anymore and you need vodka, when 60oz in 24 hours is only barely enough, when you wake up and you start having spasms and your heart feels like it's going to explode for days after and everything around you makes you entirely paranoid and every little sound makes you drunk, when you max out your credit card and go into overdraft just to catch a buzz, when puking is just a way of life and you lose 40 pounds, when not remembering anything from the night before and having to check your text messages for what you have said previously is normal, when you've woken up in the drunk tank more than once not knowing how you got there is a fact of life, when your doctor prescribes you benzos to stop drinking, when you go to sleep with a perfectly clean place and wake up and everything is trashed, when you avoid social contact for days after because you can't handle the pressures of every day life, when you drink with people you have gone to AA with before, when you wake up in the middle of the night just to have another drink so you can get back to sleep. Yep... alcoholism...