• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

What got you into playing tf

Rei

Senior TF2 Admin
For me, it was the mapping designs and how unique the gameplay was. The thing that I've always loved about tf2 is the 1930's style while keeping the weapons "futuristic" and such. The maps that I really enjoy playing on are the ones with makeshift wooden pathways and how the map changes based on the objectives that have/haven't been captured. I really think this adds a whole new level of map knowledge if you know what happens after each point is capped. Having certain places where you can jump to get to places you shouldn't be and the fact that there are always new paths to discover on most maps, makes the gameplay endless for me.

The thing about the weapons for me is how they are all modified versions of the weapons we all know, and they can be used in special ways that you couldn't have thought of the first time you picked them up. Rocket-jumping for instance is a major key element to how you play the soldier, but you need to learn the mechanics of how it works and practice to get better and closer to mastering how to play him. This also goes with how all of the classes are easy to learn to play when you first get the game, but are hard to master if you've not put hundreds of hours of time into them.

That's pretty much what got me into the game.. mostly. However the thought of "trading" and actually making real life $$$ from just some video game was what ultimately got me to buy premium, and it was worth it! Post down below what you think is so great about tf2! :goon:

Rams

TD Admin
Bought the game before hats and weapons were introduced ... good times, now I play on a pub with friends feels. :fffeel:

14bux

Senior TF2 Admin
I had the game on XBox waaay back in 2008 or so. I played the XBox version up until 2011 (I think), which got me into TF2 on the PC cause someone gave me a code that had it, the Half Life 2 bundle, and Portal stuff all for free (TF2 was auto premium for me). :D

nb

DARKLY Regular
My friend thought Minecraft was shit and wanted to play a free, online FPS (Sound familiar?)

He got me into it too

Now I'm richer than him :trollface:

amanshotme

TD Member
Used to play TFC a lot at my cousins when I was a kid and enjoyed the heck outta it. When my friend convinced me to buy CSS, I thought hey let's buy TF2 as well, but didn't buy orange box cuz I was a sucka. Had a lot of fun on pubs but when hats were introduced, I quietly stepped aside.

Reactions: 47

DARKLY | Pixar's Ham

DARKLY Regular
I saw a person playing it and it had cosmetics, so I was like.
maxresdefault.jpg

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Used to talk to a lot of people in a steam group chat when I just started on steam and they all used to talk about how much refined certain games were worth and how you could buy stuff with keys or trade items blah blah and I got interested and got into it.
One of my first drops was a can of orange paint and I sold it for 3 weapons...go me.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
I started on TF2 when MvM came out, but then I found Darkly's Dallas server and I liked the plaza map. Though I didn't join the forums until December, I've been on Darkly for nearly 2 years. :feelsgood:

One of my first drops was a can of orange paint and I sold it for 3 weapons...go me.
:pffftch:

I love all of the Meet the Players videos so as soon as I got a good enough computer I installed it and have been playing ever since.
It has a unique play style and feel. Good variety, great maps, and fantastic game play. It is hands down my all time favorite game.

Glitchy

A Little Darkly
My buddies from school got me into TF2, but I ended up playing it more then they did. Now I'm richer (and possibly better)than them all!
:bitchpleasespy:

Tech45

Senior TF2 Admin
Just a bit after the Mann-conomy update, played off and on though I was more interested in Minecraft at the time, animation, texture packs, the whole kazoo. Now I screw around with files in TF2 while (somewhat) trade.