• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

Game Handles - Where'd yours come from?

DARKLY | Pixar's Ham

DARKLY Regular
Well, I got "Newb" from my Minecraft username: Newb_The_Gamer2

And I got that username when I was in grade 5, when people from my school kept calling me a noob (I didn't know how to spell it back then... Lol) because I didn't hang out with them, and I didn't play CoD like they did. They wern't cool at all, they were just dumb, that's why I didn't hang out with them.

Then, when I got Minecraft, I named myself Newb_The_Gamer2 because I thought I would become a big gamer in the future (kinda true), and I thought noob was spelt "Newb".

So, really, I have been called Newb my whole life so far, so I decided to stick with the name. :)

Sounds depressing. :hurrr:

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
First it was Cock on Fire (Cock = rooster) was in reference to a badly translated menu at a Korean restaurant near Bloor and Bathurst.

No idea why I changed to Cock of fur, I guess it was just funny and better than Cock on fire.
Always wondered what the fuck that was about.

kts

TD Admin
First it was Cock on Fire (Cock = rooster) was in reference to a badly translated menu at a Korean restaurant near Bloor and Bathurst.

No idea why I changed to Cock of fur, I guess it was just funny and better than Cock on fire.

HICOCKKKKKKKKKK

mine's my initials.

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
My last name is brady and I have aids, so Brades. Could have used Braids but then people would think I'm some fag with gay hair.

Sir Gentlemann

A Little Darkly
My name is an attempt to get a name that was unique only to me, so far so good. Also so since the Gibus is my trademark, its a sir hat. For gentlemann, well in TF2 Man=Mann so yeah.

shoottomaim

BANNED
My original Minecraft name was ShootToKill, but I thought it was too cliché... so after I finished watching Harry Potter I was like... FUCK... goddamn Dobby. Thanks.

Reactions: kts

amanshotme

TD Member
Created name for halo ce on pc. I am really shitty with names and this is no different. My inspiration comes from a Madtv bit starring a character named miss Swan. She is interrogated by police after she witnesses a crime but any answer she gives to describe the culprit is 'he looka like a man'. Hilarity ensues. Plus I found it funny when people killed me and typed 'awomanshotyou' so the name stuck.

Hinouchi

TD Admin
Created name for halo ce on pc. I am really shitty with names and this is no different. My inspiration comes from a Madtv bit starring a character named miss Swan. She is interrogated by police after she witnesses a crime but any answer she gives to describe the culprit is 'he looka like a man'. Hilarity ensues. Plus I found it funny when people killed me and typed 'awomanshotyou' so the name stuck.
I

Gonna love Miss Swan XD

Got mine from an old YouTube video that involved a stuffed lobster toy and metal music.

edit: Found it! Video is kind of dumb and out of date though

wtf did i just watch :motherofgod:

amanshotme

TD Member
To be honest I dont even know how mine came about, I guess at the time i was thinking about buying some batteries and AAA came about, and just decided to stick with it ever since. Not really an acronym or anything.

With old console and arcade games, I kept on using either AAA, BBB, ZZZ, or ASS. The first three were outta convenience cuz who really cares about names back then and the last was used...cuz well when you're a kid any swear word is hilarious.

Narf!

TD Admin
Pinky, from the cartoon "Pinky and the Brain" would always say stuff like: NARF! ZORT! TROZ!

...I like Narf!, so....that was pretty much it.

EDIT: I also use 2Hit6 as my game handle in other games when ! isn't allowed or if Narf was taken. If you know Cantonese, then if say: "2" "Hit" "6", it's phonetically similar to the slang for noob/nobody/small potato