Please Move to Chicago...

shoottomaim

BANNED
Just something I wanted to say to the current Toronto players...

We all know that the Toronto server is currently broken and full of AIDS, with lag spikes and constant downtimes, 64 tick, and weird registration. That's fine. But why don't we just move to the Chicago server?

• Better registration
  • Chance for all players to compete for #1 position, or to get high ranks, because those in the top spots don't have many points
  • Toronto's going to go down at some point anyways; the server is dying. Why not start the move now?
  • Only 2 AWPs/Autos per team; I'm sure if all the Toronto players move over they could just make the game settings of Chicago the same as Toronto (except 128 tick), so no AWPs/Autos.
There's also a problem with the speed at which admins can ban. A few days ago, there was a guy who kept being able to rejoin, and I have no idea what the problem was, but the admin (won't say who...) was only able to kick and not ban until half an hour later, when he had already had his fun and left. Today, I played on another community and found him to be a regular on that community (VPP), and he started to jab at Toronto, stating how it was a 'broken server' and admins couldn't do shit, and I'm inclined to agree. The admins who are regularly are now limited to a range of about 6, and most times no admins are on, or no admins with ban powers/web panel access are online to ban the offending player. Why not just give all admins web panel access so they can ban online? Ignore that if they already do, because I have no idea if they do or not (haha).

Yesterday, with the Toronto server being down for 2 days, a couple of Toronto regulars (aPHy, Liqvid, Miklos Feher, dastrokes, a few others and myself) managed to get the Chicago server full and playing for about 4 hours, without drops or giveaways. This proves that the Chicago server can stand up on its own when the Toronto server is down. All players were happy with the gameplay, stating better registration and no lag spikes. Obviously there are more TKers as its a newer server, but with more admins from Toronto moving to Chicago it shouldn't be a problem.
If you have anything to add, reply please :P. Now.... discuss!

tl;dr:
STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT TORONTO AND MOVE THE FUCK OVER TO CHICAGO. K? K.
liqvid

liqvid

DARKLY Regular
Yes Please.
Also, could the server admin copy the ban list from the Toronto server to the Chicago one please? Maybe this is already the case, I just thought it would help mitigate the abusive player problem.
Also issue is that the server is 20 players only. I think this is fine (likely has to do with server stress at 128tick) but it means it will be more difficult for people to get in. The Toronto server can act as a backup for this while the Chicago one remains the new "main" server.

Freak

DARKLY Regular
So how's this worked out so far? I've never, ever, ever seen anyone on Chicago. Like, at all.

Usually on the peak hours I see a lot of Darkly regulars go to another pub. We've got a catch 22 - need players to get more players, but nobody wants to join because of reasons.

BOT Snake

TD Admin
So how's this worked out so far? I've never, ever, ever seen anyone on Chicago. Like, at all.

Usually on the peak hours I see a lot of Darkly regulars go to another pub. We've got a catch 22 - need players to get more players, but nobody wants to join because of reasons.

Well, the people who go to TO server has gone down too. It doesn't populate as much as it used to even on the weekends.

shoottomaim

BANNED
everyone left on TO doesn't complain about the lag anymore (regs), but they're saying they're going to be moving elsewhere if nothing is done :c.
chicago is fucked. no one wants to start it because there is no player base to actively start it within 20 minutes.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Yes Please.
Also, could the server admin copy the ban list from the Toronto server to the Chicago one please? Maybe this is already the case, I just thought it would help mitigate the abusive player problem.
Also issue is that the server is 20 players only. I think this is fine (likely has to do with server stress at 128tick) but it means it will be more difficult for people to get in. The Toronto server can act as a backup for this while the Chicago one remains the new "main" server.

Bans are administered across all TD servers.

The Chicago server is 20-man because that's the maximum number of players before AIDS sets in. This is not limited by our server, or service. By demonstrating to everyone that cries tick-rate without even understanding what it means or how it may affect gameplay, we (TD) spent money on another server in Chicago to prove it. This isn't a rant at you, Liqvid, this is meant to be informative to all as an FYI :)

shoottomaim

BANNED
Bans are administered across all TD servers.

The Chicago server is 20-man because that's the maximum number of players before AIDS sets in. This is not limited by our server, or service. By demonstrating to everyone that cries tick-rate without even understanding what it means or how it may affect gameplay, we (TD) spent money on another server in Chicago to prove it. This isn't a rant at you, Liqvid, this is meant to be informative to all as an FYI :)

dude like honestly i'm in love with the chicago server itself; 128 tick gilette razor-smooth performance... but there is no one ever on it D: WHY DO PEOPLE HATE ON MURICA

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
dude like honestly i'm in love with the chicago server itself; 128 tick gilette razor-smooth performance... but there is no one ever on it D: WHY DO PEOPLE HATE ON MURICA

See I think you're part of the problem. You do realize it's "gillette razor-smooth" because no one is on it, and it's limited to 20 people, don't you?