NEWS CS:GO Workshop Maps on Toronto Darkly

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
I'll be playing with the new CS:GO Maps Workshop option Valve introduced in early February.

For map downloads:
Serverside, we just switch to a Workshop map and the server downloads it.​
For players, I'm not exactly sure if the maps will automatically download, or if players need to subscribe to the maps first in the Workshop... ?​
I'm not sure how nicely this plays with SourceMod either. Workshop maps should work in the nomination list with this latest snapshot, but I'm not sure. I plan to fuck over the entire server later to test this out :D

UPDATE:
Ok, so Workshop maps download and load fine. I just tested with KaShadow and a couple of others. The whole nomination list thing seems to crash the server, according to BIOP yesterday.

So for now, we can run Workshop maps, but none of them are in the rotation.

Maps already downloaded to the server:

de_conduit
de_seaside_b2
de_tuscan_go (pretty basic Tuscan port, nothing special)​
de_library (lame, too GunGame/Deathmatch style)​
de_souq_b2
de_frost_se (no missing textures)​
de_season

If you see any decent de_ or cs_ maps in the Workshop you want to see added, let us know.

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
Ok, so Workshop maps download and load fine. I just tested with KaShadow and a couple of others. The whole nomination list thing seems to crash the server, according to BIOP yesterday.

So for now, we can run Workshop maps, but none of them are in the rotation.

Maps already downloaded to the server:

de_conduit
de_seaside_b2
de_tuscan_go (pretty basic Tuscan port, nothing special)
de_library (lame, too GunGame/Deathmatch style)
de_souq_b2

STERLINGARCHER

DARKLY Regular
that frost load crashed me and i cant download

also that was hella lame whoever forced change to frost, we had to deal with 10-0 then we win a few rounds and some admin force switches?

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
It was last round when I switched.

Check your maps folder for any de_frost_se and delete it. Everyone else seemed to stay in the game.