Do you BT? Better CYA

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
most "City Wide" or public wifi demands an account be made before use. I'm sure they tie your MAC hardware address to your account, which will be used to track you.

The other problem is going to be WiFi hacking, I've hacked 3 networks around me with a simple dictionary attack. It's not hard to do, and the tools to do it are easy enough to get.

This Bill is going to fuck over a lot of legit parents and landlords. Giving your WiFi password out just got dangerous.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
I have custom drivers that mask my MAC address on my NIC. Easiest trick in the book. And regarding the account, who is to say I'm going to use my real name? Oh visa verification? dollar jobbies at the safeway.

This is just an example of how important it is to evolve or die. By the time this bill gets introduced, a new protocol for transferring information back and forth will be brought in. These protectionist companies are always behind the times. There might be a lag between when the blocker is brought in and when a work around is created, but it will be done.

It all started with the MP3/mpeg, as soon as people discovered that you can share music/movies quickly and easily, they said, why limit myself to archaic medium such as CD's?

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
gonna keep torrenting and deny everything if shit goes down, waste tons of time in the process hopefully too

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't go with a discount ISP. They don't retain a legal team like big boys do.

Because Rogers and Bell give a shit about our privacy?

:yaoming:

Teksavvy did what they were legally a obliged to do.

$alvador

TD Member
I'm confident Bell or Rogers would have done more than just roll over not because I think they care a great deal about customer privacy (they do) but rather because they've been in business longer than CEO Marc of TekSavvy has even been alive and as a result know exactly how much profit they would lose if their loyal customers lost faith and switched to another provider. Bell and Rogers, conscious of having to explain fuck-ups to extremely influential shareholders, see fifty years ago and plan a decade ahead. This is why they will move mountains to keep their customers loyal, and this is why Rogers has his name on the Skydome while CEO Marc is trying to justify his fuck-up to angry customers on dslreports.com

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
If Bell and Rogers only supplied Internet services, I would fully agree with you Sal.

1) There is no other large scale internet provider in Canada. So if your mad at them you really have no where else to go
2) If you're not downloading illegaly, you're buy TV services from them. Which ultimately is what they want.

$alvador

TD Member
that's true. lots of ins n outs to this case, given the changes to copyright law the outcome of this will be setting a precedent so the bulk of the story has yet to unfold

DrUgZ

TD Admin
was your ip flagged on the customer portal? rooouuugh son. better start stretching your asshole out now, you gunna get fucked!

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
was your ip flagged on the customer portal? rooouuugh son. better start stretching your asshole out now, you gunna get fucked!

Haha no I don't think so, nor do I know for sure. But I have Teksavvy. Good thing I haven't downloaded any movies in a very long time. But still, now I can't if I want to, they are monitoring aids.

$alvador

TD Member
No, the persecution of so-called pirates is an ongoing thing in many countries. This specific round of civil suits against individuals is regarding Canadian internet users only, I believe we have until early January before the court decides whether or not the copyright troll in question has legitimate legal grounds to acquire any customer information from TekSavvy. This decision must come before they can even proceed with suing the individuals linked to the IP addresses recorded.

sir-drek

TD Admin
Usenet anyone? SSL 256 bit encrypted downloading from server farms @ whatever speed your internet can go.

Also, I remember back in the day they caught the CAM pirate maVen like fucking 4 times in theaters with a camera before he actually got in shit. That was.. back in the day though.