• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

Photography

r3volution

TD Admin
I don't think there are many other choices really. I personally like travelling with a 14-24mm f/2.8 and a 50mm f/1.8 (FX) but I don't mind switching lenses.

What are you going around to see? I want to recommend keeping the 35 and getting the 55-200, but then you're sort of limited on the wide end of things...especially on a DX sensor

B.From.Acc

TD Admin
thats nice lens, versatile; the nicest part i think is the VR. if i were to get another lens for my cam cam i'd get one with that exactly. especially that now the dslrs these days shoot hd video.

i personally have canon but something very similar to you rev, 10-22mm f/2.8 and 50mm f/1.8 (best money for quality lens for both canon and nikon IMO). but video on these is shaky, a lens with IS would sure be nice...

r3volution

TD Admin
I personally don't get lenses by Tamron or Sigma (although Sigma has been getting better). They just don't have the build quality that I'm looking for. I can't justify paying so much for a cheap lens. I'd recommend just spending a little more than you'd like to get the 18-200. Depending on how long you're travelling for, you can always just return it when you get back. Or...rent a lens.

Remy

TD Member / Gay Gyoza
I personally don't get lenses by Tamron or Sigma (although Sigma has been getting better). They just don't have the build quality that I'm looking for. I can't justify paying so much for a cheap lens. I'd recommend just spending a little more than you'd like to get the 18-200. Depending on how long you're travelling for, you can always just return it when you get back. Or...rent a lens.

Tell me more about why I shouldnt get this Tamron one....