Ipad or Tablet?

halfbakedchef

TD Admin
So my company is buying us tablets, but i don't know what to choose. I will be using this when i got in to student housing, so that i don't have to set up my office in the there house. (looks a little unprofessional) Also to help us be more productive when we are traveling, it easier to use a tablet on a plane than a laptop, so on an so forth. I have been looking at two different ones the ASUS Transformer, or the IPad 3, but my company will probably only let me get the 2 because of price.

Likes / Dislikes
IPad -almost everyone has one
- can use the video feature for our conference calls
- don't really know shit about apple, would be the only apple thing i have ever owned

Tablet - more compatible with my computers
- love android market
- video feature for conference calls not available for android

suggestions?

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
Hmm, the Transformer will get a huge boost from Win8 and I know they *say* it will be compatible. If it's true Transformer wins.

iPad - is expensive, all the additions are as well. But if you can't make the video conferencing work, on the Transformer I would get the iPad instead.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
search youtube on ipad = all the best results that u were looking for, omitted .

DrUgZ

TD Admin
ive got an asus transformer with the optional keyboard sitting here and its pretty tits. its has actual USB ports and 2 SD slots for more memory.
The keyboard is really cool, it has a USB port, SD slot, and it is actually an external battery that gives you up to 18 hours of juice on a full charge.
I think I paid 400 bucks with the keyboard (125 value) back around xmas. there are new versions out there so I dont know what they cost now but i would imagine half price of an ipad

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
iphone does the same.

Nope. Apple does not filter your YouTube.com searches.
Some videos are not available on mobile which has shit all to do with Apple.

Yes I mad, because stupid lies like this spread through idiots who don't know any better.

mandy

TD Member

Yes I mad, because stupid lies like this spread through idiots who don't know any better.

It's really a shame that people automatically label Apple as "overpriced mediocre technology" when in reality, it's not terrible. I won't argue and say its better than anything else out there, but what sells me is the customer service. I've never experienced that quality service from anyone else.
So, in my opinion, the extra cash is worth it because Apple stands behind their products all the way to the end. And don't forget, cracking your iPad, if that's the kind of person you are, will save you a lot of money.

*shrugs*

...don't know...

ill test that theory with a non apple mobile device. i saw a pattern with iphone and ipad, made an assumption. even if ur right, apple is still bad. u have to hack and jailbreak the shit out of shit to get it to work properly. its the small things that add up to rage. starting with not being able to copy files from an ipod, etc etc etc. and u cant call me ignorant, i own my share of bad apple products, and they are really not THAT bad, they jsut have barely enough gay in them to make u rage.

jamesearljones

TD Member
It's really a shame that people automatically label Apple as "overpriced mediocre technology" when in reality, it's not terrible. I won't argue and say its better than anything else out there, but what sells me is the customer service. I've never experienced that quality service from anyone else.
So, in my opinion, the extra cash is worth it because Apple stands behind their products all the way to the end. And don't forget, cracking your iPad, if that's the kind of person you are, will save you a lot of money.

*shrugs*
true, but regardless of the shittalkers, apple isn't exactly in trouble of losing business. the haters actually helps re-enforce the apple lovers

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I can't speak for myself as a first hand user, however I know my brother has owned the Asus transformer, transformer prime, an acer and ipad/ipad2. After a fuck-ton of Kijiji-ing (he's a bloody master of making money/breaking even buying and selling, so funny lol) he resorting to settling with ipad2 for the sole reason that Android is not complete. He said that it's always glitchy and never reliable. I own an Android phone and love it, but he is right and there are always glitches.

Windows, I dunno.. it's Windows, no homework necessary as it's always the same shit.

this is what it feels like doing anything on a apple device (a or an here??? "an" just feels WRONG !!!!)

105984856.jpg