Gaming Mouse and Keyboard Sugestions

halfbakedchef

TD Admin
Im looking to get a new keyboard, something iluminated, and a nice weighted gaming mouse. What have you guys used and liked? what about dislikes?

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
ive have the logitech g15 for like 5 yrs now, love it. same with logitech g5 mouse. check out the g9x logitech mouse.

Hinouchi

TD Admin
ive have the logitech g15 for like 5 yrs now, love it. same with logitech g5 mouse. check out the g9x logitech mouse.

high 5~ haha your keyboard keys paint are coming off too huh? ~XD mainly at awsd and space and ctrl and shift and b :P

halfbaked what's your budget?

keyboard: g10 if you don't need the lcd display for stats and millions programmable macro key. It got Custom-color backlighting, headphone and mic jack, usb, 3 programmable key.

g510 if you need - cost more
g19 for hardcore - cost x2 then g10

mouse:
g9x got weight adjustment, might be a bit small if you have a giant hand.
G500 new replace for G5

and you can also check out razer stuff.. which i dislike their plastic feel mouse personal thing.

LT_Clash

TD Member
I use a g11 keyboard its not worth the money imo. Muse however I've used the g9 such I loved (curently my laptop mouce). And I am curently usingthe r.a.t. 7 eight I realty like since I have big hands I can widen and leanthen the mouce to better fit my grip. That being said I know CoF and isieze have both used them and don't like them. If tour looking for wieght I'd stay away from razor products imo. All in all T9x is awsome but not custimisible rat7 is stupid uncomfortale until touch spent an hour getting it right then I loved it

ItsaChris

TD Member
I got the G500 mouse. I have 2 different weight settings (heavy for RTS, lighter for FPS) and lots of different programed buttons, It helps more than I thought it would for games like SC2. have enjoyed it a lot but it does take some work to set up (still have not gotten around to setting it up for unreal games.)

dont have a gaming keyboard. looked into them and unless you need the light up keys i dont think they are worth wile.

$alvador

TD Member
NCIX has a few Steelseries keyboards, they look simple which is nice. As far as mice go, the G400 is closer to the G5 than the G500 is. Despite the extra thumb button, I've heard the G500 is actually shit for gaming compared to the G5/G400. I have a second edition G5 now and it does the job so well that if it broke, I'd try to fix it before buying another mouse

Tarin

DARKLY Fiend
My keyboard is a Saitek Cyborg. No extra buttons, but it has a great feel and eerie red illumination. I loves it.

My mouse is a Gigabyte M8000X "Ghost." It is easily the best mouse I've ever used (I've owned Razer mice, too). It is super comfortable, comes with a good set of weights and enough buttons to do the job.

I love my razor deathadder but its not exactly a weighted mouse, its pretty light. Best thing I've had for gaming. I had a logitech wireless gaming mouse before (don't remember the series) but it broke on me. That was good too though.

Keyboard i just use my stock dell one, eh.

halfbakedchef

TD Admin
hey thanks for the input guys, im going to try and find a pc store that carrys a few brands, and see if i can try them out.

Genesis

TD Admin
Logitech is the best u can get becuase they r good and if they break u will be able to get one for free no problem
as long as you dont smash it

cattra

TD Member
Man looking at all these nice gaming mouses and keyboards make me sad when I look at my 8 year old ball mouse and ACER default keyboard from 2 PC's ago.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
Logitech is the best u can get becuase they r good and if they break u will be able to get one for free no problem
as long as you dont smash it

Negative, I've got so pissed at my G9 (note: NOT same as G9x) I whipped it at my wall. Told Logitech it Was having a random connect/disconnect issue BLAM free G9x.

I currently use the RAT7 to be honest it's not a bad mouse. I don't like it because my palm rests on the mouse pad and the constant back and forth gets annoying.
RAT software fucking blows, I like Logitech's software much much more.

$alvador

TD Member
any mouse that needs you to install software to make it work as it should is a piece of ass. one of the biggest benefits of the logitech gaming mice is that it comes with buttons to adjust dpi so you can go from high to low dpi on the fly (i.e. in the middle of game) without any software because it's all on the mouse. that doesn't come as handy in CS as it does in big war games where you might be running around aiming your gun one second and trying to steer a tank or plane or boat the next. usually the sensitivities change so you can keep up with a quick dpi change

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
high 5~ haha your keyboard keys paint are coming off too huh?

nope. my hands dont really sweat. sweat is a solvent.

g19 is fucking unnecessary, i just dont understand. my g15, i wish i could saw off the G macro keys. i got it because its logitech and because the actual letters on the keys light up. great keyboard.

note: i got the old g15 (blue light) , new ones are a bit less comfortable and have red lighting. the g9x mouse is #1, imo. but too small for my commie hand of oppression. $100 mouse and $100 kbrd

Hinouchi

TD Admin
http://www.infonec.com/site/main.php?module=detail&id=450418

$59.99 cash price for G10 keyboard pricematch with bestbuy

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/logitech-logitech-gaming-keyboard-g110-920-002232/10135063.aspx

:o pink backlight~ drool~ haha too bad it's not chiclet keyboard, I got so use to my laptop keyboard that i feel like a retard using a non chiclet one.

g9x $49.99

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Prog...FATI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312648224&sr=8-1

only if you have friends in the states, cause those bastard don't ship to Canada ;\ or you can use those forward service.